Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
power door locks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Nov 2015, 12:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Cool power door locks

Need suggestion what could be the problem? I have a 05 PT Cruiser that when using the remote or switch on the doors, I can hear the usual sound from the dash but neither plunger reacts nor do the doors lock or unlock. Both doors just stopped working at the same time. Replaced the fuse to rule it out though it was good because the trunk works fine which is on the same fuse. Are their more than one fuse? Any suggestion because I can't believe both door lock actuator would go at the same time.
Old 11 Nov 2015, 12:58 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: power door locks

I've read of a few of the lock actuators going at the same time. My hatch and two rear doors have gone. Where do people mostly buy their parts from?
Old 11 Nov 2015, 01:32 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1Balto View Post
I've read of a few of the lock actuators going at the same time. My hatch and two rear doors have gone. Where do people mostly buy their parts from?

I got mine on ebay from ptcruiserwarehousedenny

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 11 Nov 2015, 07:31 pm
Young Cruiser

Did all model PT's come with rear door lock actuators? I've got an 02 and opened up one of the rear doors to find nothing but the window regulator.
Old 13 Nov 2015, 11:39 am
Fresh Cruiser

well I just checked all the fuses under the dash & the Power Distribution Center under the hood to rule out a blown fuse...no such luck.So maybe it is door lock actuators, this weekend I'll remove the door panels to do some kind of testing.
Old 13 Nov 2015, 04:18 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Get the door panel off there and make sure one of the little plastic clips holding the rod didn't come off or break. I've got the entire rear door assembly from my 03 in the garage. If they're the same, you could have it all for ten bucks plus shipping. I'll even include the latch part with the bolts for it. IDK if the child lock works or not. I THINK it has to have power to the actuator in order for you to move it. Anyone here know about that?

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 14 Nov 2015, 01:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

If you hearing relays clicking but not the actuator in the door. You either are not getting power to them or they are bad. A test light or meter will tell you when you get in there.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com