Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What is this alarm trying to tell me?

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Nov 2015, 12:35 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: What is this alarm trying to tell me?

Make sure your rear hatch is closed all the way. When I first got mine I was not closing the hatch hard but looked like it was closed all the way. It would chime but I don't remember how many chimes it would give. Freaked me out at first because I had no idea what it was.
Old 28 Nov 2015, 06:27 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmadog View Post
Make sure your rear hatch is closed all the way. When I first got mine I was not closing the hatch hard but looked like it was closed all the way. It would chime but I don't remember how many chimes it would give. Freaked me out at first because I had no idea what it was.
Whenever the hatch is not fully latched and the car is in gear, the open hatch alarm will sound and the appropriate icon will be lit on the panel. In the case of the double tone, there is no icon lit and the rear hatch will be latched. It's a mystery.
Old 03 Dec 2015, 12:10 pm
Cool Cruiser

Did you check the temperature gauge when this happens? I was wondering why my car was chiming until I realized it was HOT.
Old 03 Dec 2015, 01:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Does your PT Cruiser have the tire pressure monitoring system? On my 2008 PT Cruiser I just had two gongs warnings when tire pressure on one of them was too low. It had been parked for a while and I had decided to take it for a drive and it gave me two gongs a couple of seconds apart.
Old 05 Dec 2015, 07:11 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcruisersteve View Post
Does your PT Cruiser have the tire pressure monitoring system? On my 2008 PT Cruiser I just had two gongs warnings when tire pressure on one of them was too low. It had been parked for a while and I had decided to take it for a drive and it gave me two gongs a couple of seconds apart.
Mine is a 2003, I don't know if it has the low tire pressure warning. Nothing on the panel lights up when the gongs sound.
Old 29 Apr 2016, 02:03 am
Young Cruiser

Well it took long enough, but I found out what that alarm is telling me. I'm not stone deaf yet, but it's bad enough that I can't always tell where a sound is coming from. Turns out the alarm is coming from my Garmin GPS whenever I approach a school zone. I had noticed it would go off in certain areas. There is a notice shown at the top of the Garmin's screen along with the alarm, but I had never seen it until I moved the Garmin from the lower center of the windshield to the far left side. Mystery solved!
Old 29 Apr 2016, 07:13 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
Well it took long enough, but I found out what that alarm is telling me. I'm not stone deaf yet, but it's bad enough that I can't always tell where a sound is coming from. Turns out the alarm is coming from my Garmin GPS whenever I approach a school zone. I had noticed it would go off in certain areas. There is a notice shown at the top of the Garmin's screen along with the alarm, but I had never seen it until I moved the Garmin from the lower center of the windshield to the far left side. Mystery solved!
Gkon likes this.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 25 Sep 2016, 03:44 pm
Young Cruiser

Well guys, mystery solved. The alarm is coming from my Garmin GPS whenever I near a school zone. My hearing has gotten so bad that I cannot always tell where a particular sound is coming from.
rckstein likes this.
Old 25 Sep 2016, 03:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
The alarm is coming from my Garmin GPS whenever I near a school zone.

If you wouldn't gotten the LIMITED EDITION you would have seen this icon pop up on the dash.

....only kidding.
VsandFords likes this.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.