PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Front Bumper

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Nov 2015, 08:48 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Front Bumper

Hi I just bought a 2007 Pt cruiser have plans on rat rodding it. Was wanting to know if 1st generation front bumper will fit on 2007? I like the 1st generation better.
Old 27 Nov 2015, 10:17 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: Front Bumper

Yes it will, and I whole heartedly agree that the first generation PT front end is poetry in motion.
The second generation PT front end design is just Chrysler's effort at "change for the sake of change", "guilding the lilly", "much to do about nuttin'". This is just my opinion but I feel every one has a right to my opinion!!!
Conversely, you might put out a search thread on the PT Cruiser Forum and find an early PT owner that doesn't agree with our premise. One who want's to "guild the Lilly". You could arrange a part for part swap with nothing but logistics in the consideration.
In addition to changing the bumper cover you'll have to replace the head light assembles, grill or grills if your going chrome and add fog lights to round out the change. Your lower valance should be interchangeable.
Coninsidently, if you're dedicated to this project, I still have a decent 2005 aftermarket upper plastic grill shell that I didn't use on SOOO BIG's reincarnation. The locking tabs shape were slightly diminished when it was removed from a PT at a yard that wouldn't allow me to do it myself carefully. This could be resolved with the application of some plastic epoxy to the tabs and reshaping.
I also have a full set, upper and lower, of the aftermarket chrome grill set that my son gave me for SOOO BIG. I decided not to use them as SOOO BIG's reincarnation is to a pristine level. The grills were on his 2001 PT for a few years, showing some slight road rash. They cleaned up beautifully and are still @99%. Great for any application but SOOO BIG as I'm an anal fanatic on stuff like this.
The upper grill and the chrome grills are your's for $25.00 plus shipping.
See photos for comparisons of the first and generation PT front ends and the chrome grills. Good luck. This'd be a neat project. Have fun with it.
HAppy PTin', ptprice
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 27 Nov 2015 at 04:03 pm. Reason: syntax
Old 27 Nov 2015, 10:33 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for your reply and knowledge
Old 27 Nov 2015, 09:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptprice View Post
Yes it will, and I whole heartedly agree that the first generation PT front end is poetry in motion.
The second generation PT front end design is just Chrysler's effort at "change for the sake of change", "guilding the lilly", "much to do about nuttin'". This is just my opinion but I feel every one has a right to my opinion!!!
Conversely, you might put out a search thread on the PT Cruiser Forum and find an early PT owner that doesn't agree with our premise. One who want's to "guild the Lilly". You could arrange a part for part swap with nothing but logistics in the consideration.
In addition to changing the bumper cover you'll have to replace the head light assembles, grill or grills if your going chrome and add fog lights to round out the change. Your lower valance should be interchangeable.
Coninsidently, if you're dedicated to this project, I still have a decent 2005 aftermarket upper plastic grill shell that I didn't use on SOOO BIG's reincarnation. The locking tabs shape were slightly diminished when it was removed from a PT at a yard that wouldn't allow me to do it myself carefully. This could be resolved with the application of some plastic epoxy to the tabs and reshaping.
I also have a full set, upper and lower, of the aftermarket chrome grill set that my son gave me for SOOO BIG. I decided not to use them as SOOO BIG's reincarnation is to a pristine level. The grills were on his 2001 PT for a few years, showing some slight road rash. They cleaned up beautifully and are still @99%. Great for any application but SOOO BIG as I'm an anal fanatic on stuff like this.
The upper grill and the chrome grills are your's for $25.00 plus shipping.
See photos for comparisons of the first and generation PT front ends and the chrome grills. Good luck. This'd be a neat project. Have fun with it.
HAppy PTin', ptprice

PTPrice
I'll take those grilles off your hands if OP doesn't want them. Check on shipping to NC 27028 and let me know total.

Wayne
Old 28 Nov 2015, 12:45 am
Dedicated Cruiser

My zip code in Ormond Beach, Florida is 32174. You can do the figuring your self from your end. Allow for packaging and shipping. It should all fit in a package the size of the upper grill assembly. They're first come first serve. As I mentioned I'll include that replacement grill assembly along with the chrome grills if its needed. Well over $200.00 worth of stuff for peanuts.

Advise. Happy Ptin', ptprice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New chrome grills.jpg (96.1 KB, 12 views)
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 28 Nov 2015 at 09:13 am.
Old 30 Nov 2015, 07:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
My zip code in Ormond Beach, Florida is 32174. You can do the figuring your self from your end. Allow for packaging and shipping. It should all fit in a package the size of the upper grill assembly. They're first come first serve. As I mentioned I'll include that replacement grill assembly along with the chrome grills if its needed. Well over $200.00 worth of stuff for peanuts.

Advise. Happy Ptin', ptprice

You advised you had a set of grilles for sale plus shipping if you have a problem getting a shipping cost then forget my offer to purchase, I'll just buy a new set. good luck with the sale. No need to respond to this post.

Wayne
Old 30 Nov 2015, 08:14 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Wayne, I'm not runnin' a business here. I'm just another PT Cruiser member inclined to "share the bounty" on spare PT stuff I don't need.
Keep in mind those grills were offered at a "give away" price. I was even willing to throw in an upper grill assembly if need, no charge! I only asked that the receiver absorb the shipping costs. The total on that bunch of stuff should be well over $200.00!!! "plus shipping"!!!
I actually had one clown who had the hudspa to ask me if I'd pay the shipping on something that was either free or at give away cost.
I figure if someone is capable of comprehending the written word they should have enough sense to understand the reality of one facet of the PT Cruiser Forum. Most of us are inclined to help our fellow PT owners with advise, and the occasional reasonably priced part.
I'm also incline at times to offer my opinion!!! I figure everyone has a right to my opinion!!!
Don't get your nose bent out of shape.
I take umbridge to inconsiderate Forum members who think all I have to do is run around to shipping stations determining shipping costs on surplus bounty that I either give away, or ask give away dollars for.
It's just as easy to figure those shipping cost from the receiving end as it is from my end!!! This is why I usually supply my zip code, weights and where the receiver can't determine, the measurements!!!!
Figuring it out is kind a like chewing bubble gum and walking. I just don't have the time, inclination or interest to do your leg work. GET-ER-DONE.
That was a rant!!!
Happy PTin', ptprice

Last edited by ptprice; 30 Nov 2015 at 08:17 pm.
Old 30 Nov 2015, 10:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Red face Re: Front Bumper

If you are "Rat Rodding" a Cruiser, why not a rat bumper???

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...ps3mueqekz.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...psxx8ktk08.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...pswngjhph7.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscmva4xko.jpg
ptprice likes this.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 30 Nov 2015, 10:37 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Soonercruiser, awesome PT pictures. Ya' got great taste.

Sorry for the earlier rant on this thread. Sometime I have to let off steam.

Happy PTin', ptprice
Old 01 Dec 2015, 12:42 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Wayne, I'm not runnin' a business here. I'm just another PT Cruiser member inclined to "share the bounty" on spare PT stuff I don't need.
Keep in mind those grills were offered at a "give away" price. I was even willing to throw in an upper grill assembly if need, no charge! I only asked that the receiver absorb the shipping costs. The total on that bunch of stuff should be well over $200.00!!! "plus shipping"!!!
I actually had one clown who had the hudspa to ask me if I'd pay the shipping on something that was either free or at give away cost.
I figure if someone is capable of comprehending the written word they should have enough sense to understand the reality of one facet of the PT Cruiser Forum. Most of us are inclined to help our fellow PT owners with advise, and the occasional reasonably priced part.
I'm also incline at times to offer my opinion!!! I figure everyone has a right to my opinion!!!
Don't get your nose bent out of shape.
I take umbridge to inconsiderate Forum members who think all I have to do is run around to shipping stations determining shipping costs on surplus bounty that I either give away, or ask give away dollars for.
It's just as easy to figure those shipping cost from the receiving end as it is from my end!!! This is why I usually supply my zip code, weights and where the receiver can't determine, the measurements!!!!
Figuring it out is kind a like chewing bubble gum and walking. I just don't have the time, inclination or interest to do your leg work. GET-ER-DONE.
That was a rant!!!
Happy PTin', ptprice
Life's a two way street. You're the one wanting to sell surplus parts for x dollars + shipping if you're too d__mn lazy to find out how much that shipping cost then I'll buy new. I'm figure I'm doing you just as much a favor by buying as you are selling. Unless you've gotten a hell of a lot of PMs I don't see anyone beating the door down to purchase them. That's my opinion,like you said every one has a right to our opinions.
My apologies to the rest of you on here. Like I said before good luck selling them.

wayne