Advertisements
There ARE Still Good People in the World

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By chuzz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Nov 2015, 01:30 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default There ARE Still Good People in the World

I just wanted to let you guys know that there are still good people in the world. I have a "friend" on another car forum that sent me an email this morning informing me that he has ordered new throttle cables and some clips that go with them, for me. I told him I don't have the money to pay him right now and he's not the least bit concerned about that. Now, I've never met him face to face, but when I lived in TN, I hooked him up with several parts that he needed for his Saturn, so maybe that has something to do with it. It really doesn't matter. He's a good person and I am very grateful to him. I won't post his name as that would just piss him off. He's ordered the stuff for me and most of it will be at the Lake Wales Chrysler dealership tomorrow morning. I will go and get them and HOPEFULLY get the PT back to a safe driving condition. I had to take the wife and daughter to the lab today for blood work and stopped to fill up on the way home.I'm getting 27.4 mpg by driving the speed limit around here and not kicking the turbo at all. My son gets 22 mpg on a GOOD day. I think I know what's going on! I will keep an eye on the mpg as I find it hard to believe. Maybe just a fluke, but I zeroed the trip meter Saturday when I put gas in it. Today it read 155.4 and I filled up with 5.664 gallons. I NEVER keep clicking the pump handle. When it stops, I stop. You can do the math if you want to, but you'll get what I did. Sorry for the long winded post, but I just wanted to say thanks to my buddy Mr. B. He rocks! I WILL pay him back too. It just might take a couple of months.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 30 Nov 2015, 02:42 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: There ARE Still Good People in the World

A good deed coming full circle. Wonderful!
Happy PTin', ptprice
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.