Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Replacing the Throttle Cables

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Nov 2015, 04:19 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Replacing the Throttle Cables

Has anyone here replaced the throttle cables on their PT? I'm looking at mine and under the hood, it looks like I'm going to have to remove the air box and the hose going to the turbo at least. Then, looking at the gas pedal in the car, it looks like there's two 10 mm nuts on the pedal assembly that I'll have to remove and then slide the assembly down in order to release it from the notch that it rests in. And then on to the cruise control cable. Any idea how the heck it's attached to the vacuum reservoir? I don't have a clue on that one. Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 01 Dec 2015, 07:42 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Replacing the Throttle Cables

this would mention if there were things in the way, but it does not. anything besides the cable you choose to remove, i would have left on. something to think about, as you're doing this because you broke a clip you should have never needed to remove. to replace the coil/plugs most simply hang the intake with a bungee cord and leave as much stuff as possible, like the throttle cable, still connected. if you really feel the need to remove the cable from the cruise, click the attachment.

2003 Chrysler Truck PT Cruiser L4-2.4L Turbo VIN G
Vehicle Powertrain Management Fuel Delivery and Air Induction Throttle Cable/Linkage Service and Repair

REMOVAL

Remove the throttle control shield. (plastic cable cover on the TB, if present)
Working from the engine compartment, hold the throttle body throttle lever in the wide open position.
Remove the throttle cable from the throttle body cam.
From inside the vehicle, hold up the pedal and remove the cable retainer and throttle cable from the upper end of the pedal shaft.
Remove retainer clip from throttle cable and grommet at dash panel.
From the engine compartment, pull the throttle cable and gromment out of the dash panel.
Remove the throttle cable from throttle bracket by carefully compressing both retaining ears simultaneously then gently pull the throttle cable from throttle bracket or if it is the slide snap design you have to slide the locking tab out of the hole and then slide the cable assembly out of the bracket.

INSTALLATION

From the engine compartment, push the housing end fitting and grommet into the dash panel. Install gromment into the dash panel.
Install the cable housing (throttle body end) into the cable mounting bracket on the engine.
From inside the vehicle, hold up the pedal and install throttle cable and cable retainer in the upper end of the pedal shaft.
At the dash panel, install the cable retainer clip between the end of the throttle cable fitting and grommet
From the engine compartment, rotate the throttle lever wide open and install the throttle cable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (30.6 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by rob342; 01 Dec 2015 at 09:35 am.