Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Lights not working

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Dec 2015, 10:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Lights not working

I have a 2006 PT Cruiser base model. When I try and turn on the exterior lights nothing happens (no lights). Running or headlights they don't come on. The headlights do come on when i lock the car with the fob. I pulled and checked all the fuses since none seem to be labeled as headlights or exterior lights. What should I check next?
Thanks.
Old 01 Dec 2015, 10:27 pm
Banned

Default Re: Lights not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMPi View Post
I have a 2006 PT Cruiser base model. When I try and turn on the exterior lights nothing happens (no lights). Running or headlights they don't come on. The headlights do come on when i lock the car with the fob. I pulled and checked all the fuses since none seem to be labeled as headlights or exterior lights. What should I check next?
Thanks.
My PT did a similar thing. I would try disconnecting the battery to reset the TIPM. While the battery is disconnected, clean the terminals, also check the ground wires behind the battery on the inside of the fender that they are clean. There is also a smaller wire connected to the positive terminal end. Disconnect it and clean under it, as well. Leave the battery disconnected for about 15 minutes and reconnect. This was all I did to my PT over a year ago now and all has been fine since, didn't have to replace anything. Good luck.

Last edited by rckstein; 01 Dec 2015 at 11:32 pm.