Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Bottom knuckle bolt size

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Dec 2015, 07:36 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Bottom knuckle bolt size

Hi all! Had a fun trip yesterday. On my way to have oral surgery (that was bad enough by itself) and my pt cruiser broke down. It looked bad. I was going around a right turn and the driver's wheel snapped back and was pointing left. Luckily I was only 1/4 mile from home. Had it towed to my house and the damage didn't appear as bad as it looked. It seems that the bolt that holds the knuckle to the lower ball joint came out. Going around the sharp turn must have been enough to pop the knuckle off the ball joint. The axle popped out of the trans. when the wheel pulled back but seems to be okay. Right now I have it all back together (so I can get it trailered and to my dad's garage for a closer examination) except for that bolt. Does anyone have access to any materials that give the dimensions for the bolt? I am going to call the dealer tomorrow, but wanted to check with you all in case the parts dept. isn't open until Monday.
Thanks everyone!

Josh
Old 05 Dec 2015, 07:40 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Bottom knuckle bolt size

part #24 and #25 in the diagram here

nut:
NUT, NUT AND WASHER. Mounting, Shock Absorber Lower Mounting. M12x1.75 made by Mopar. #06501247

bolt:
BOLT. Hex Flange Head. M12x1.75x57 made by Mopar. #06501248

i would print both and head to the dealer. if prices were more than double, i'd order it online.

you can get a ball joint with the bolt for $4.89 from rock auto. with shipping it's $12 total. may be less for you, depending on your location. you may also find one at a store locally. some ball joint kits come with a new bolt. call stores and ask if you want it today.
Old 05 Dec 2015, 08:49 am
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Bottom knuckle bolt size

Double thanks Rob! First for the part info and second for introducing a site I have never used. Have to bookmark that.