Advertisements
2009 Pt Cruise Water of driver side floor

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chuzz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Dec 2015, 04:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2009 Pt Cruiser Water on driver side floor

Could anyone advise, I have a 2009 Pt Cruiser and on the driver side I have water on the driver side floor. It looks like the water is leaking from under the panel above the floor foot rest that has a pad on the carpet. I have sealed around the windows seals and it seems it had got worse. is it any area on the driver side I could look at that would cause water to pass through. This is my first time having a pt cruiser.

Last edited by travelman; 23 Dec 2015 at 05:09 pm. Reason: miss spelled word
Old 23 Dec 2015, 05:37 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: 2009 Pt Cruise Water of driver side floor

Do you have a sunroof ?

-2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT
-Patriot Blue, Bright Silver Metallic rear spoiler, billet grille, 17" chrome wheels, hyperground cable, Spectre short ram CAI
-119,000 miles and counting ...
Old 23 Dec 2015, 06:30 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: 2009 Pt Cruiser Water on driver side floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelman View Post
Could anyone advise, I have a 2009 Pt Cruiser and on the driver side I have water on the driver side floor. It looks like the water is leaking from under the panel above the floor foot rest that has a pad on the carpet. I have sealed around the windows seals and it seems it had got worse. is it any area on the driver side I could look at that would cause water to pass through. This is my first time having a pt cruiser.

Can you give more info..??

You think it's leaking from under the carpet by the foot rest, have you checked for a rust hole or the rubber around the steering column..??
Why did you seal around the windows, and what windows did you seal..??

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 24 Dec 2015, 05:44 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: 2009 Pt Cruiser Water on driver side floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelman View Post
One of the sunroof drain tubes runs down your driver's side roof column on models with a sunroof. If the tube has been pulled loose on the lower end or if it's plugged at the outlet it could be draining into the cabin in the area you describe.

There was a very nice Sebring on craigslist for sale cheap because of this problem. The owner said nobody they took it to could find the leak.

RIP, Petie, my beloved Burgundy '02 Limited w/ Flame applique`. NA, 5 speed. Almost pure stocker. Killed while saving my life in a head on, 6/3/2015.

Last edited by twodees; 24 Dec 2015 at 05:46 am. Reason: spelling
Old 24 Dec 2015, 07:53 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: 2009 Pt Cruise Water of driver side floor

You might want to check two other things. First, check the cowl under your wiper area. If it's full of debris, they drains are probably plugged on it. Clean it out. If that looks good, check your a/c drain tube. It might be blocked.
twodees likes this.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.