Advertisements
St Louis Junk Yard Finds

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By SRTeric

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Dec 2015, 05:46 pm
Young Cruiser

Default St Louis Junk Yard Finds

Hey all, i was able to finally get away to st louis today for some much needed junk yard therapy. I found some goodies for my 05 GT, but also found a few odds and ends to flip.
I live in southern IL, about 2 hours from 4 or 5 pick apart yards in st louis. I try to hit them every few months to see whats lying around for neons, srt-4s, and now PTs. Today, i focused on Speedway Auto Salvage, which is right across the street from Gateway Raceway. They had a handful of neat items on some PTs.
I was able to score a plum fuel door cover to replace my chrome one, a good drivers mirror (mine wiggled at speed haha), another chrome fuel door, 2 styles of factory rear mud flaps, a GT pedal cover to replace my worn clutch cover, a PT turbo water neck, a complete plastic turbo intake manifold with tb and injectors, SRT/GT valve cover, SRT/GT plug wires, GT mtx shift knob, cam sensor, nice factory luggage rack for mine, rear cargo net, and both front calipers/rotors/brackets from a GT.
Most noteworthy was an 06 MTX GT that had been hit in the drivers front. I nabbed the intake, front brakes, and a few other odds and ends, but the Getrag and engine (including turbo) are still in place. I removed the valve cover and began to unbuckle the head before realizing that i had no intention of crawling under it to unbolt the rear turbo brackets, etc. I replaced all cam caps in their original places and closed the hood to try to keep any excessive rain/debris out of the head. The engine looked fairly clean inside and im hoping that someone either from here or an SRT page will go get the head/engine before it ruins or gets crushed. It also had light grey leather interior and a factory 6 disc changer.
There was an early dream cruiser there. It was kind of a blow-fly yellow color. The body wasnt great, but the leather interior and door panels had the yellow inserts present and fairly intact.
I saw one other roof rack that someone had unbolted but left sitting atop of the car. I had to destroy the head liner in the car that i got mine from, and youd likely have to do the same to this car to retrieve the nuts that the other people let drop above the head liner.
There was a candy red PT there that had what looked to be a factory body kit. It was subtle, but looked good. It looked like it had a small front lip, small lips on all 4 fender wells, a small rear lip, and a long plastic panel that covered the rocker panels. Unfortunately, they had torn the little mud flap out from under the drivers front door, but other than that, i think the kit looked pretty good.
I also saw two GT-style wings, several leather interiors, a few rear shelves, and at least 2 pedal dress-up kits (one atx and one mtx).
Hopefully someone semi-local can make the trip and score some good parts!

twodees and LionPT like this.
Old 26 Dec 2015, 06:26 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: St Louis Junk Yard Finds

Now, I know you didn't find that clean PT in the junkyard. ;-)

RIP, Petie, my beloved Burgundy '02 Limited w/ Flame applique`. NA, 5 speed. Almost pure stocker. Killed while saving my life in a head on, 6/3/2015.