Advertisements
Advice: buy or not to buy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Jan 2016, 07:41 am
Banned

Default Re: Advice: buy or not to buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadenahotrod03Dreamer View Post
My son found somewhere, maybe here, a website that gives a registration and sale history of any car by VIN and it is free.
That can be done in seconds on your cell phone at the lot.
You can guess that the timing belt needs to be done and adjust your offer accordingly. Folks who don't know this don't make counteroffers but they do get the cars they want.
I love the 215, 220, 230 HP Turbo PTs. I don't know about Turbo Lites ,185HP, though. Loads of fun to drive.
I own a 02 Dream Cruiser (bad transmission), a 03 Dream Cruiser Turbo, and just got a needing a timing belt beautiful 07 Pacific Coast Highway Street Cruiser. Will I be disappointed after fixin the two needy Cruisers?
I don't think so, Cruisers are unique, comfortable, good sounds, wonderful little cars. Best of luck.
This website:

Your Free Vehicle History Report - MotoSnoop

The link previously provided by another forum member, when I used it a couple of months ago for my own PT, worked great as it had a lot of information including most of the service history of my PT. Then I had used it to check a few other vehicles and it basically had the same information for the other vehicles I was checking, and no service history, just registration info. Then I checked my PT again and the website now reports that my PT has had 3 owners, which it has not as I am the only and original owner of my PT. Also all of the service history no longer appears. So I would not trust the website for anything, in case any other forum members have been using this same website, I would be suspect of what it is reporting.
Old 17 Jan 2016, 12:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Advice: buy or not to buy

Well reading the comments you posted in the first post unless you are going to get a *"REAL" mechanic I would pass on getting a PT Cruiser.

A PT Cruiser is VERY easy to work on in every respect for a trained and experienced Mechanic or Certified Auto motive Technician.

There is nothing that can not be accomplished in a shop in one day for repairs on the drive train or most anything else problematic on a PT Cruiser . The exception is body repair.In which that can vary depending on a the damage or repair needed.

*This information really applies to any used car you are thinking on purchasing but for the interest of this thread and forum it is PT Cruiser specific.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN