Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By pasadenahotrod03Dreamer
  • 2 Post By ptprice
  • 2 Post By ptprice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Jan 2016, 09:30 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default are body parts from other years interchangeable

crashed car slightly..messed up fender the piece around bumper and a small hood dent and passenger headlight...there was already a ding in the door too...my ride is 2004 na...with hoping I could go with newer front and lights....
Old 17 Jan 2016, 01:06 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: are body parts from other years interchangeable

Fenders and hood are same 01-10 so you are good there.
Now find a pair of scallop bottom 06-10 headlamps, bolt right in.
And a 06-10 front bumper cover. You'll also need the appropriate under side bracketry, plastic baffles, etc for the new bumper cover. Bolt on.
I'm fairly certain the grille you have will fit ok but not 100%.
Shouldn't be too hard to find as lots of 06-10 are making their way into the junkyards.
Old 17 Jan 2016, 09:34 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rcruiser View Post
crashed car slightly..messed up fender the piece around bumper and a small hood dent and passenger headlight...there was already a ding in the door too...my ride is 2004 na...with hoping I could go with newer front and lights....
Kabayan?
Old 17 Jan 2016, 09:42 am
Dedicated Cruiser

There was a Forum member thread I read a while ago that was hoping to do the reverse. He'd planned to convert his 2006 to the first generation look. Go figger. To each his own.

I'm perfectly happy with SOOO BIG's first generation look. In my opinion, and everyone has a right to my opinion, the second generation style was Chrysler's effort to "guild the Lilly" It wasn't necessary and it was a mistake. The front end style is unbalanced and speaks to change for the sake of change. "If it's newer it must be better"

Please don't screw with a good thing. The first generation design truly represents the retro look that now Camaro, Dodge and Mustang have returned to. For what that's worth, they should have gone back to the original stamping dies, kept some semblance of the original bumpers and stopped trying so hard to be in the 21st century!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!

Happy Ptin', ptprice
3rcruiser and 917K like this.
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 17 Jan 2016 at 09:44 am.
Old 17 Jan 2016, 10:45 am
Obsessed Cruiser

06 grill is also different. You will need to use that as well with second Gen bumper. Fog lamps as well.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 17 Jan 2016, 12:31 pm
Cool Cruiser

ok so i will try and replace with first gen stuff..you convinced me...I just wanted to keep my options open if I found a newer one cheap....time to hit the bone yards in san diego area....thanks guys..i cant stand looking at my poor battered passenger side front.....the could be some wheel area damages too as my steering wheel wants to pull to one side a bit...not a good start to the new year...and I dint catch any fish from my kayak that day either...I had considered changing the whole front end and doors to make a 2 tone colors car...what color would go with cool vanilla????
Old 17 Jan 2016, 04:49 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Cool Vanilla goes real good with Cool Vanilla. By far it's the best color Chrysler ever came up with on a PT. Way to got on reverting to idea of the classic look of the 1st generation PT.

SOOO BIG congratulates you and is lookin' forward to another Cool Vanilla cousin on the west coast. Good luck with the fix-em-up.

Happy PTin', ptprice
Busted_PT and 3rcruiser like this.
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.