Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Handy_Cruiser
  • 1 Post By CREWZIN
  • 1 Post By sanatanadharma

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jan 2016, 01:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Fog lights?

Hi everyone new member here. Just bought a 2003 2.0l cruiser which I love.
However my front fogs wont go on. Have checked the bulbs, i know how to get them on. Read a few things on line and I can sat I dont have a fuse #8 on the internal fuse and the fuse under bonnet as far as i can see is ok.

Any ideas anyone. Also can i ask why woyld have fuse for heated seats but no switch for that function.

Thanks.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 01:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Fog lights?

Welcome to the forum from the great sovereign state of Arkansas!

If the #8 Fuse slot is empty, put one in and see what happens. On some PT Cruisers, the multi-function switch that controls the fog lights will fail. When failure occurs, the fog light often stay on all the time. The previous owner may have just removed the fuse so the fog light would go out.

If you install the fuse and the fog lights come on even though the switch is off, you likely will need a new multifunction switch or you will need to repair yours.

Sorry for the large image below, but it was already in the forum gallery this way:

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 25 Jan 2016 at 01:54 pm.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 02:14 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks. There are no connectors in fuse #8 for a fuse to stay in place so even more confused.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 02:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart75 View Post
Thanks. There are no connectors in fuse #8 for a fuse to stay in place so even more confused.
First, things could always be different on the non-US PT Cruisers. I'm going off the assumption this fog light stuff works the same way.

Check the lid of your fuse box and assure fuse #8 is indeed for the fog lights. If so, there's a good chance your PT did not come with them from the factory but were added later. If that's the case, check the multifunction switch to see if it even has a switch for the fog lights. If it does not, then your fog lights may have been wired a different way with an aftermarket kit or not wired up at all.

If there is a switch for the fog lights, then you may be dealing with a custom or dealer install. If so, I would start at the fog lights themselves and follow the wires back up to see what is going on.
ptprice likes this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 25 Jan 2016 at 02:26 pm.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 02:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

According to my owners manual, on the overseas PT Cruisers, the No#21 fuse is for Fog Lights on the Export Models. That's in the PDC (Power Distribution Center) under the hood (Bonnet) of the 01-05 First Generation cruisers.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 03:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

There is a switch for the fog lights as the rear one works with same switch. Fuse #21 is also intact under the hood.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 03:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
According to my owners manual, on the overseas PT Cruisers, the No#21 fuse is for Fog Lights on the Export Models. That's in the PDC (Power Distribution Center) under the hood (Bonnet) of the 01-05 First Generation cruisers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart75 View Post
There is a switch for the fog lights as the rear one works with same switch. Fuse #21 is also intact under the hood.
Well, the fuse mystery is solved. If I understand this right, there's a rear fog light and it works? If so, I'd get a test light and check for current at the front bulb sockets. Then I'd work my way back for there.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 25 Jan 2016 at 03:52 pm.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 05:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Ok thanks for your help. Do you think it could still be the multifunction switch
Old 25 Jan 2016, 07:39 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Because Trump
ptprice likes this.

Last edited by sanatanadharma; 10 Nov 2016 at 07:05 pm.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 03:47 am
Fresh Cruiser

Ye according to my diagram i do have heated seat fuse both in car and under bonnet. Strange