What to pick from an 06 GT?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Handy_Cruiser
  • 1 Post By SRTeric

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Feb 2016, 10:18 pm
Young Cruiser

Default What to pick from an 06 GT?

Hey all, im going to a local junk yard tomorrow. Last time i was there, they had a black 06 mtx GT. I got the intake manifold, valve cover, front calipers/rotors, fuel door, shift knob, and a few other small odds and ends off of it then. If the car is still there and semi-complete tomorrow, im going to nab the engine and trans. The engine will be a great core for either my GT or SRT and the getrag will just lay around haha.
The car has been hit pretty hard in the drivers front, but are there any other tidbits that i should try to get off of it? The interior wasnt great, but it did still have the stock disc changer. Im also going to try to grab a few other things from other PT's to try to flip to help pay for the trip (atx pedal dress-up kit, anything bolt-on chrome, etc). Thanks!
Old 23 Feb 2016, 09:32 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: What to pick from an 06 GT?

For the silver ATX pedal kit in the PT, both the accelerator pedal and break pedal are different than in other PT's. So the stainless covers by themselves will not fit. You need the entire pedals.
SRTeric likes this.
Old 23 Feb 2016, 08:41 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: What to pick from an 06 GT?

good to know! the day was a bit of a crap shoot. those pedal covers were already gone, but the pedals were remaining, so im guessing someone will end up throwing the covers away if they cant use them on their own pt.
the engine and trans were still there, but the car had been hit so hard that it cracked the trans case down the center and broke 2 ears off of the block where it bolts to the bellhousing. i was able to get the complete head and turbofold for $80, though. also scored a new set of junkyard 205/55/16's for cheap for my GT. i was hoping to go with some 225/50's, but im just not going to spend hundreds on new tires for the sake of being wider.
Also found something that id never seen before. There were a pair of chrome metal covers for the lift supports on the hatch of an 02. They just look like chrome tubes, but theyre a perfect formed fit for the lift supports. The car had some other metal chrome bits that i took off, and another car (01 mb?) had a decent looking Borla axle-back exhaust hanging out from under it. If it had been much nicer and if i had a buyer lined out, id have nabbed it too, but i was pooped from wrestling with that head and turbo earlier in the day and didnt feel like laying under the car to wrestle with it.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.