PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Picked up our PT Cruiser, Wednesday.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By NLAlston

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Feb 2016, 03:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Picked up our PT Cruiser, Wednesday.

Didn't get the chance to post, before now, but we got things finalized for our 2009 PT Cruiser, and drove it home from Niagara Falls, on Wednesday.

I had never driven (or even had ridden in) one, before, and was left quite surprised at how nicely this little car handled, and rode. I had read where some owners had complained about the plastic components, utilized in the interior spaces of this vehicle, but I (personally) don't have issue with that. The car seemed very sturdily put together, with a weight factoring that also surprised me. It is the latter which, I would presume, was the biggest contributing factor for the ride being as surprising as it was.

I hadn't thought to check this, before, but it was a bit disappointing to have found that this PT did NOT have Daytime Running Lights. Also, and even MORE disappointing, is the fact that it does NOT have ABS, either.

But, the car is ours, now, and we feel blessed to (again) have a secondary vehicle.

Will post pics as soon as I can.
rckstein and Fk5 like this.
Old 26 Feb 2016, 03:31 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Picked up our PT Cruiser, Wednesday.

Welcome from a couple hours East ! You'll love it.
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 26 Feb 2016, 04:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlefaive View Post
Welcome from a couple hours East ! You'll love it.
Thank you. And, despite that one particular disappointment (lack of ABS), I ALREADY love it .
Old 26 Feb 2016, 07:22 pm
Veteran Cruiser

ABS is not that big a deal to be without. I've owned a LOT of vehicles over the past 45 years and have only had to get on my brakes hard enough to engage the ABS twice. Once was after moving here to FL and some moron from the Game and Fish Commission started to pull out in front of me while I was doing 65 mph. He stopped halfway out and I locked it down. I stopped about 10 feet away from him. He was lucky. Or maybe I was, because they do carry guns!

Aspire to inspire before you expire.