Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Run Wiring From Exterior to Interior

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Feb 2016, 06:06 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Run Wiring From Exterior to Interior

I have an XM radio with a kit that allows me to hook it up in any car that has the type of antenna that I can clamp something to. I have a 2002 Woody and would like to know the best way to run the wiring from the receiver outside the car to the XM radio cradle inside the car. The largest part is the L-shaped connector to the cradle, which is about 1/2" wide, and because it is L-shaped I suspect it could fit through a hole less than 1/2" wide.

In my previous car there was a little channel that allowed me to safely run the wire between the frame and the door. However, the PT Cruiser is much tighter and I have not found a similar route to the interior. I am concerned that the door of the PT Cruiser could pinch or even sever the wire.

What is the best way to run wiring from outside a PT Cruiser to the interior of the car?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can offer.

--Tom