• 2 Post By ptprice
  • 2 Post By smittey5656
  • 1 Post By ptprice
  • 1 Post By ptprice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Mar 2016, 04:49 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Rear shelf instructions down load

I came across a print out for the rear shelf instructions. I printed one out on paper to replace SOOO BIG's as his was just a washed out white sheet having deteriorated to this level in the yard where I found his shelf.

The old instruction sticker was easily removed using a hair dryer to heat it and then carefully pealing it off.

I thought this print out might be handy for any else who's instructions are missing, illegible, defaced or just hasn't mastered all the magnificent uses of the rear shelf.

It prints out a bit larger than the original at 9 1/8"W X 2 13/16"H. This slight over size'll cover up any minor discrepancies.

Printed on paper, it's perfect for gluing on and covering up. After trimming it down, just spray a bit of 3M adhesive on the back, lick-it-n-stick-it.

After I'd printed it out on paper, I got the idea to print it on a spare piece of white sign vinyl. That was successful as far as the image transfer but I'll have to wait and see if the ink'll dry enough to accept an over spray of clear acrylic to protect it. I would guess, even printed on paper, a protective over spray would be called for to enhance durability. Probably Rob could advise on this.

The instructions on the original stick-on include the five different configurations the shelf can be positioned. This of course doesn't include the sixth position, the missionary position.

It's a simple project. Let the Forum know how it works out for you.

Happy Ptin', ptprice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear shelf instruction sticker.jpg (41.2 KB, 28 views)
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 30 Mar 2016 at 07:09 pm. Reason: syntax
Old 30 Mar 2016, 05:39 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Rear shelf instructions down load

Could you show us what the missionary position for the shelf looks like please?
ptprice and LionPT like this.
Old 30 Mar 2016, 06:02 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

I became familiar with the missionary position while dating in the "50". I had the luxury of borrowing my Dad's "56" Ford Country Squire most evenings. With both the back seats down it made for a great playing field to practice this position. That worked quite well until one night, parked on the boat ramp at Wapwallopen, Pa. community boat ramp that accessed the Susquehanna river, the darn station wagon slipped out of gear and started rolling for the river. A lot of fast foot work and definite coitus interruptus was the only thing that kept me and Suzie from being submerged.

That was the last of my Dad's loaning me the wagon for dates, as the high waterline on the sides of the Country Squire told the tale I never did admit to.

That was the end of the missionary position and some very inventive gyrations to adapt to the back seat of my old fat boy Ford Sedan. See attached.

Happy Ptin', ptprice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Straps.jpg (97.3 KB, 21 views)
wingman55 likes this.
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 31 Mar 2016, 09:26 am
Dedicated Cruiser

I have a correction to make on printing the rear shelf instructions;

I'd suggested printing the instructions out on white sign vinyl.

Last evening, zealously, I printed it down on a spare sheet of white sign vinyl with my standard ink jet printer figuring to make an "as original" sticker. I noticed last night the ink wasn't drying. I'd smeared a corner that was outside of the edge of the instruction area.

Not to be dismayed I planned a solution of letting it dry over night and spraying it this morning with a clear coat of acrylic.

I can only report that it was unsuccessful. Just a waste of vinyl, ink and clear acrylic. It still smeared. Even after the acrylic dried. Rob could probably explain why this didn't work as he's in the business. Inquiring minds want to know?

So it's back to some 3M spray adhesive on the back of the one I printed on paper to finish this project.

Apparently I still have entirely too much time on my hands.

Happy Ptin', ptprice
wingman55 likes this.