Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Rear Windshield Wiper Won't Work Correctly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Apr 2016, 03:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Rear Windshield Wiper Won't Work Correctly

Hello everyone! If this is in the wrong forum thread area, please let me know!

I recently bought a 2001 PT LE (129k Mi) this past December. So Far, I haven't had any problems with it, but now, my rear windshield wiper won't work correctly. On the "on" non spraying position of the switch, the wiper will start to move, but stop in the middle of the windshield. I have to turn the switch on and off, on and off, on and off, to get the wiper to move back to the other side so I can see again. If I hold the switch down onto spray, the wiper fluid will spray just fine, and the blade moves just as it normally would. I tried replacing the motor, but the new motor wouldn't move at all, even on spray. My friend tested the signal from where the motor plugs in, and said it always is on an "intermittent" signal, and that's possibly why it's not working correctly. Any idea on what's going on and what's not going to cost me an arm and a leg to replace/fix it? Thanks in advance, sorry if this post isn't too clear, I can try to clarify.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 03:55 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Rear Windshield Wiper Won't Work Correctly

If the motor works properly when the sprayer is switched, I'd be looking at the switch itself.
My rear wiper did the same thing till it stopped working altogether....the last thing it did was spray.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost