Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
My Series 3 Dreamcruiser. NIGHTMARE!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Apr 2016, 03:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default My Series 3 Dreamcruiser. NIGHTMARE!

I have a 2004 Dreamcruiser Series 3 that is actually a beautiful car... BUT, not been a happy camper with it so far.

Replaced the computer about a year ago. Keep getting the same ole codes.. but then different ones pop up and go away. Like this last week:

Codes: P0032, P0038, P0201, P0202, P0203, P0204, P0522, then the next day.. NO CODES! Now just the first two are coming up. I have in the past 3 days replaced an o2 sensor on the critter and it's running just as bad. Loss of power, sudden surge of power, Odometer trip keeps taking a trip while the engine is off and parked. Speedometer stays at 60 mph,.. last night I could not go over 20mph and it sputters like my ex wife. (wish she had this car!) I am at wits end! Any ideas?
Old 25 Apr 2016, 04:05 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: My Series 3 Dreamcruiser. NIGHTMARE!

Check the connector plug on the computer. I'd remove it and check each pin to make sure it's the correct length and making a good connection. Clean it with some CRC electrical cleaner and plug it back in. IF you can start the engine and let it run, squeeze the plug and see if it makes any difference in the way it runs. If so, you'll know it's either the plug or the ECM. I'm NOT a mechanic, but I'd sure as hell try this first. DO NOT start shotgunning parts at it and hope you find one that cures it. This could cost you a lot of time and money you don't need to spend. If the ECM is defective, there are some suggested providers here on the site. I can't personally endorse any of them, because I haven't had a problem with mine.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 25 Apr 2016, 04:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I will try that. I did just do a reset on the computer by undoing the battery (both terminals). It's a fun car at times, but quirky. And I thought until this disaster that the worse problem was the bumper cover continuously ripping off when I parked it!
Old 25 Apr 2016, 04:17 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Good luck with it. I see you're from Nashville. Pull-A-Part has a great yard out on Centennial Blvd. You can log on to their website and see how many PT's they have. I grew up in TN and just moved to FL last summer. I miss TN and would move back in a heart beat if possible. I used to live about 85 miles west of Nashville in a spot in the road called New Johnsonville. I was about a mile from the Tennessee River.

Old 25 Apr 2016, 04:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks! I know where you are speaking of just off the river.... Here's a picture of my little nightmare: https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...c9&oe=5774B168
Old 25 Apr 2016, 04:23 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Nice looking little whip. Mines the dark blue color all over!

Old 25 Apr 2016, 05:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

What are the two lines down the front bumper?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 25 Apr 2016, 07:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Ahh.. you noticed! Those are tie down straps holding the bumper in place! I had to get creative.
rckstein likes this.
Old 25 Apr 2016, 07:40 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHHFM View Post
Ahh.. you noticed! Those are tie down straps holding the bumper in place! I had to get creative.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 26 Apr 2016, 12:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I was talking to a friend last night that had a Chrysler that did the same thing for a while and replacing the Cam Sensor cleared his problems. So... I did that today as well. Only driven it twelve miles since doing so, but getting ready to go about 60 round trip so I will see how it does. So far... it even sounds better!