Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Unintended Door(s) locking/unlocking, plus warning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 May 2016, 01:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Unintended Door(s) locking/unlocking, plus warning

The keyless remote works fine. However, after I turn on the car and start driving I get a constant beep signal with the warning that a door is open. The first time this happened we went around and shut all doors but it did not stop the warning. When driving there is constant beep and the door locks started to unlock and lock on their own over and over again. It now does the beeping and unlock and lock whenever driven. At the same time we heard the panic alarm honking when the car was parked. It started about 6 hrs after it was parked and turned off. This panic alarm problem has happened 3-4 times now but does not happen if we leave the car unlocked.

Lastly, now the interior ceiling light does not shut off automatically and I am forced to turn it off at the switch.

Any idea as to what the problem(s) might be? Many thanks for any suggestions and recommendations.
Old 05 May 2016, 01:59 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Unintended Door(s) locking/unlocking, plus warning

I would check the wiring in the door opening for a frayed or broken wire. What year and how many miles does your PT have on it. There a small electrical plug on the back of the door lock cylinder that has to be clocked just right. If it gets worn or a wire shorts on it, it can cause the same problem. I would tell you to check the connections on your BCM, but since you didn't introduce yourself or your car first, I don't even know if yours has a BCM. Welcome to the forum.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 05 May 2016, 02:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Unintended Door(s) locking/unlocking, plus warning

My apologies. In my haste and desperation, I didn't do an introduction. My bad. My name is David, I am semi-retired and am just now moving to Denver from the Loveland/Ft. Collins area in Northern Colorado. I'm driving a gently used 2001 PTC with 97K. I've had it about it a year now and without any other problems. So far, it's been great! In my research on the internet to identify/solve the problem, I came across this site which I was very happy to find.

I'm also in need of finding an honest, fair and reliable mechanic here in Denver. So, if you or anyone could make a recommendation, it would be greatly appreciated.