What is this piece called

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By LionPT
  • 3 Post By pasadenahotrod03Dreamer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 May 2016, 01:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default What is this piece called

Hi everyone, just trying to get the correct name of this plastic piece. It is the black plastic piece next to the number 1, it runs towards the rear of the car. I believe it is part of the splash shield. Mine came loose some how while driving and before I realized it, I had ground off a good portion of the front. Any help is appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UnderFront.jpg (51.6 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by War_Eagle; 06 May 2016 at 01:45 pm.
Old 06 May 2016, 01:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: What is this piece called

I can't tell you how many PT Cruisers I often see dragging the *splash guard on the tarmac.

* this is what I call it as I did not look in a Factory Service Manual or internet for the proper name.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 06 May 2016, 02:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
I can't tell you how many PT Cruisers I often see dragging the *splash guard on the tarmac.

* this is what I call it as I did not look in a Factory Service Manual or internet for the proper name.
Thanks, That's what I call it too, but i can't find the actual name as so to order one. Just got off the phone with the dealer who looked in their book for 15 minutes and had no idea. I looked through the service manuals and couldn't find it, doesn't mean it's not there just I didn't see it.
Old 06 May 2016, 02:41 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by War_Eagle View Post
Hi everyone, just trying to get the correct name of this plastic piece. It is the black plastic piece next to the number 1, it runs towards the rear of the car. I believe it is part of the splash shield. Mine came loose some how while driving and before I realized it, I had ground off a good portion of the front. Any help is appreciated.
New Engine Splash Shield Front Chrysler PT Cruiser 2001 2006 Plastic | eBay

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 06 May 2016, 04:11 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by War_Eagle View Post
Thanks, That's what I call it too, but i can't find the actual name as so to order one. Just got off the phone with the dealer who looked in their book for 15 minutes and had no idea. I looked through the service manuals and couldn't find it, doesn't mean it's not there just I didn't see it.
I would go on ebay and look for a spares or repair, message that person the piece you want.

Old 06 May 2016, 08:37 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

The back flap of the splash shield is held up with a single pine tree fastener pin.
These tend to die of old age and drop out plus the holes in them often don't line up well with existing holes in the frame rails do they rattle loose.
Solution is using two small sheet metal screws with broad washers like used on fender liners. Drill appropriate size holes in shield flap and frame rail. Bingo, no dragging plastic, no flapping plastic.
Old 08 May 2016, 08:25 pm
Cool Cruiser

There should be a part number molded into it, probably 04724804, if I'm thinking of the correct piece. I see many PT Cruisers with this part hanging down, my daughter's car being one of them before I bought a new one. I was unable to find an undamaged one in a junkyard. They are about $21 new.