• 2 Post By SvenCruiser
  • 1 Post By Fk5
  • 1 Post By VsandFords
  • 4 Post By leftyjay

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 May 2016, 09:31 pm
Young Cruiser

Default beige or vanilla?

when I bought my 04 Touring Edition, the title stated that the color was Beige. it is definitely cool vanilla. it has never been any other color. but the title still states that it is beige. how could this get screwed up? I am the 3rd owner of the car. could it have been changed between ownership transfer or was it titled like that from the factory?

would the vin number tell me anything? the paint code on the door is PWG (cool vanilla).

not a big deal, but I thought it was strange.
Old 11 May 2016, 09:55 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: beige or vanilla?

Titles use the state mandated set of colors, as in closest to, by a chart that each state has developed. No where will you find a title with Cool Vanilla on it as a color description.
Further, those descriptive terms for colors between makers and even passenger and commercial (pickups) may be different for the same colors in any given year or group of years.
You can imagine what a challenge it is to find flashy color names for the twenty or so car manufacturers worldwide, year to year.
For example PT color dark taupe is Grey by the chart.

Last edited by pasadenahotrod03Dreamer; 11 May 2016 at 10:30 pm.
Old 11 May 2016, 10:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadenahotrod03Dreamer View Post
Titles use the state mandated set of colors, as in closest to, by a chart that each state has developed. No where will you find a title with Cool Vanilla on it as a color description.
Further, those descriptive terms for colors between makers and even passenger and commercial (pickups) may be different for the same colors in any given year or group of years.
You can imagine what a challenge it is to find flashy color names for the twenty or so car manufacturers worldwide, year to year.
You have a point, but isn't WHITE on the list?

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 11 May 2016, 10:19 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

On SOOO BIG's official Chrysler build sheet it's prefaced with the VIN number and just under that;

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser PWG-Cool vanilla White.

That was his original color , the PWG was the color code we used for the three coat refinish. Cool Vanilla White!

SOOO BIG's Florida title under color, reads "WHI". I guess that's short for white or maybe "cool vanilla white". My shorts ain't in a twist over it!

Chalk your 'beige" up to a clerical error at the title office. What do they know about a " cool color"? Ask 'em for a do-over!

FYI, there's a neat Chrysler web site were your can request a copy of your PT's original build sheet using the VIN number. That'd set it to rest.

Happy PTin', ptprice
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 11 May 2016 at 10:33 pm. Reason: addition
Old 12 May 2016, 12:58 am
Young Cruiser

I could understand it being white, cream, off white, etc. don't think they would call it "cool vanilla". but beige is a tan/light brown. I don't think they made a PT in any color like that.

i'll probably never look at the title again unless I sell it. every 2 years I get a new license plate sticker. I don't know if the registration has the color on it. if a policeman stops me, he'll say "your car suppose to be beige".

if I remember right, if you change the color of your car, aren't you suppose to inform the title bureau or registration office you changed the color? I remember repainting my 98 cavalier and running into that issue, so I just repainted it the original color.

Last edited by leftyjay; 12 May 2016 at 01:02 am.
Old 12 May 2016, 05:01 am
Young Cruiser

Both of them seem like boring senior citizen colors.

To me personally the PT looks best in red,even though mine is dark blue.Black and silver are also PT friendly colors.
dougs and JoeX like this.

Old 12 May 2016, 07:39 am
Senior Cruiser

Be glad they didn't try to title it as a Chevy. BTDT
VsandFords likes this.
Old 12 May 2016, 08:41 am
Senior Cruiser

In Texas, in the county where I live, when you go to register (change over the title) they will ask you the color. It could be that's what happened and the last owner told them beige. They are also prone to make mistakes. When I got my Volvo changed, the title came in the mail and I was looking it over, where it shows make of vehicle, they had put Volks.
Fk5 likes this.

2001 LE, auto, billet grille, tall shifter, polished aluminum spare, K&N filter and Hedman hedder. Why a header? Because it makes me happy!

Old 12 May 2016, 10:57 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenCruiser View Post
Both of them seem like boring senior citizen colors.

To me personally the PT looks best in red,even though mine is dark blue.Black and silver are also PT friendly colors.
that's what I am. I'm not trying to be a late 50s guy trying to be a 20 something again. I already been there and done that. if I was going through a mid-life crisis, I sure as hell wouldn't be interested in a PT cruiser. if it wasn't for the deal I got on this car, i would've walked right by it. I see red PTs for sale on craigslist down here. they all have faded paint problems.

down in south florida, unless you have a garage or carport, a red, blue, black car wouldn't last 10 years. the finish would fade. that's why there are so many boring white vehicles in florida. I also own a boring white 2001 cargo van. guess what.... after 15 years, its still boring white, but the finish is still good and no rust.