Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
02 to 03 heated mirror swap question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 May 2016, 07:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 02 to 03 heated mirror swap question

I just purchased a 03 PT cruiser to replace my 02 PT cruiser and have a question about a swap on the heated mirrors. I found out they dropped the heated mirror option on the 03's and up on some models and on mine they did. Some guys have purchased heated mirrors from older models, plugged them in, and they worked fine. Before looking, I ordered a set of 02 heated mirrors, went to install them, and the wiring is there in the door harness, but Chrysler left out the prongs to put the fuse in the factory fuse block. So plugged the heated mirrors into the plug and within minutes the battery was dead and had to put the battery charger on to get the car to start. Put the non heated mirrors on and the car works fine. Question one is there an easy way to get the heated mirrors to work with the factory wiring in place, but no power or fuse in the fuse block? And question two is why would it drain the battery so quick if there is no fusible power to the heated mirror option? Just bouncing this around to see what I can do or just settle for the non heated mirrors.
Old 20 May 2016, 08:14 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: 02 to 03 heated mirror swap question

AFAIK, the heated mirrors only work when the rear defroster/defogger is on.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost