PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Heater AC Blower Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 May 2016, 02:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Heater AC Blower Problem Solved Check this out

Hello Everyone,
The blower on my 2004 is having a problem. To turn the blower on in heat or AC it first must be set to high, then it slowly spins up. After it is running it can be switched to the lower speeds. This sounds to me like the bearings on the motor are binding and need full voltage to get the motor spinning. Before I start buying parts and tearing it apart, I wanted to run it by you all to see if you have any thoughts or experience. Thanks.

Last edited by genther; 01 Jun 2016 at 10:20 am.
Old 31 May 2016, 12:49 am
Regular Cruiser

Smile Re: Heater AC Blower Problem

It's an outside possibility that you have a bad resistor pack, or just bad connections to it, but I think it's more likely the blower motor itself. The good news is you don't need to pull the heater housing out to replace either part, that's one job you really don't want to have to do
Old 01 Jun 2016, 09:57 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Heater AC Blower Problem Solved Check this out

Oh are you gonna love this. I needed to charge the system back in early April when it was hot for two days. Then it turned cold again and we did not use the AC until last week. If it had stayed hot and this problem cropped up soon after I charged it, I would have naturally figured the problem was connected to my charging procedure. BUT, due to the time laps, this failure became completely disconnected to the work I did two months previously. So I looked for problems elsewhere.

To charge the system quickly, the compressor needs to run, This means the low pressure sensor needs to be bypassed. I forgot to take out the paperclip. The evaporator was freezing. Duh.