Advertisements
2004 Cruiser engine compartment fuse-box/wire-harness

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dfoulkes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Jun 2016, 09:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2004 Cruiser engine compartment fuse-box/wire-harness

OK... first, I searched the Net and then this forum and of course I couldn't find anything close to what I need...because computers don't convert my thoughts into proper search-params.... and I also have the 2004 tech-manual provided by this forum... and it is great... but I think that my issue is so general that it will take a 'human' and not technology to give me an answer.

1. All motor mounts have been changed except the trany-mount ... the new one is sitting in my trunk ... just waiting to go to work
2. Checked U.T. for vids on changing that mount and the ones that I watched all were of a later year Cruiser and they don't help.

The problem/question... in the vids that I watched a 'fat' wire harness is attached to the fuse-box and seems to be easily moved around when taking the box out... but in the 2004 that wrapped wire-harness kind of goes through the fuse-box... like under it toward the side, and it looks like the cover for that harness snaps on in some way... at least I see something that looks like snap-locks... but I don't want to force it off in fear of getting myself into trouble by breaking what looks like plastic locks or ?? I've looked all over the world ... well, the Net-world, for a pic-breakdown of what all of it looks like but can't find anything. And since it's about 109f degrees during the days right now I don't/can't spend much time with mirrors and flashlights trying to see under that box...

So, Help... can anybody give me a heads-up of what I'm working with here?

Thanks!!! and stay cool!
Old 09 Jun 2016, 11:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2004 Cruiser engine compartment fuse-box/wire-harness

Okay, you are trying to change the left (driver's side) motor mount, correct?

If so, after taking the fuse box bracket loose, have you tried leaving the fuse box attached to the harness and using a bungee cord to hold it up out of your way? I did that on both a 2.4L Sebring and a Dodge truck with the fuse box in about the same position.

Old 10 Jun 2016, 10:14 am
Fresh Cruiser

Yes, that is the correct mount... but the problem is that on a 2004 cruiser a fairly large wire harness looks like it goes thru the bottom of the fuse-box and you can't get the box out of the way unless you remove that wire-harness out from underneath it. And it looks like that harness goes thru a channel under the box and it looks like that 'channel' can be released (plastic clips or ??) so that the box can be lifted up and out of the way... my issue is that I'm not sure what type of plastic locking tabs or ?? hold that channel on to the main fuse-box housing... I don't want to force it off and get into more trouble... know what I mean?

I guess I might have to take a picture and post it here... I tried to get a sample off the Net... but that was a no-go.

And I think that starting at around 2006 the Cruiser was changed with respect to that fuse-box and harness area because the vid I watched was for a 2008 and taking the fuse-box was real easy because the setup was different. And thanks for your feedback on this.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 10 Jun 2016, 12:54 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Because Trump

Last edited by sanatanadharma; 10 Nov 2016 at 07:35 pm.
Old 11 Jun 2016, 09:36 am
Fresh Cruiser

Strange... I posted a thankyou for your post sanatanadharma ... did that last night but I don't see it around here... so, again ... thank you!