PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
No Fuse + No DRL error

 
Like Tree7Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 24 Jul 2016, 10:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 11
Default No Fuse + No DRL error

Hello Everyone I just joined after reading the threads here for days. I am really finding the PT Cruiser community a thing of beauty

I have a 2001 Pt Cruiser with 108000Km just inherited by a death in the family and getting it ready for my daughter to use as her first car.


Problem is the IPC shows NO FUSE - NO DRL

Other symptoms are
-------------------
- Dome lights not working
- Radio not working
- Side Mirrors adjustment Do not work
- Trip odometer not keeping memory.
- DRL lights not working

However..
- Door locks work fine both interior and remote buttons
- Starts and Drives fine
- No other abnormal lights on IPC
- No check engine
- No ODBII error codes
- headlights, taillights, flashers all working fine


What I have Tested
--------------
- I have pulled and tested
- IOD fuse (15amp) under the hood. (tested ok, changed anyways)
- All remaining Fuses (all tested ok no blown fuse found)

- Radio is getting +12v on pink/red wire with key
- Radio is not getting +12v on Yellow (memory)
- Radio works fine if I hook the memory pin to +12v
- Dome lights not getting +12v at dome switch
- Pulled the batter for 1hr


From what I have read that if my IOD fuse is not blown its could be the IPC or the BCM or a ground fault. I find it gets confusing here is the BCM integrated into the IPC or separate?

Can I just replace the IPC from a scrapped PT?


Anyone have a tip How I can test this further?

Thanks in advance
LW
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 24 Jul 2016, 11:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 7,339
Default Re: No Fuse + No DRL error

Welcome to the forum.
__________________
If at First You Don't Succeed - Try, Try Again
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 25 Jul 2016, 03:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 11
Default Re: No Fuse + No DRL error

Thanks.. So much info here I am loving the love for the Pt
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 25 Jul 2016, 04:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 7,339
Default Re: No Fuse + No DRL error

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinuxWookie View Post
Hello Everyone I just joined after reading the threads here for days. I am really finding the PT Cruiser community a thing of beauty

I have a 2001 Pt Cruiser with 108000Km just inherited by a death in the family and getting it ready for my daughter to use as her first car.


Problem is the IPC shows NO FUSE - NO DRL

Other symptoms are
-------------------
- Dome lights not working
- Radio not working
- Side Mirrors adjustment Do not work
- Trip odometer not keeping memory.
- DRL lights not working

However..
- Door locks work fine both interior and remote buttons
- Starts and Drives fine
- No other abnormal lights on IPC
- No check engine
- No ODBII error codes
- headlights, taillights, flashers all working fine


What I have Tested
--------------
- I have pulled and tested
- IOD fuse (15amp) under the hood. (tested ok, changed anyways)
- All remaining Fuses (all tested ok no blown fuse found)

- Radio is getting +12v on pink/red wire with key
- Radio is not getting +12v on Yellow (memory)
- Radio works fine if I hook the memory pin to +12v
- Dome lights not getting +12v at dome switch
- Pulled the batter for 1hr


From what I have read that if my IOD fuse is not blown its could be the IPC or the BCM or a ground fault. I find it gets confusing here is the BCM integrated into the IPC or separate?

Can I just replace the IPC from a scrapped PT?


Anyone have a tip How I can test this further?

Thanks in advance
LW
Have you checked to make sure all fuses have voltage going to each one?
LinuxWookie likes this.
__________________
If at First You Don't Succeed - Try, Try Again
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 25 Jul 2016, 05:55 pm
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Walking distance to the embassy
Posts: 3,103
Default Re: No Fuse + No DRL error

Because Trump

Last edited by sanatanadharma; 09 Nov 2016 at 12:24 pm.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jul 2016, 08:51 am
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 11
Default Re: No Fuse + No DRL error

>> Have you checked to make sure all fuses have voltage going to each one?


Yes there is voltage at the IOD fuse..

there is voltage at the int Fuse #13 as well

Both fuses are tested working.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jul 2016, 08:54 am
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 11
Default Re: No Fuse + No DRL error

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanatanadharma View Post
There are two fuses in series that protect the circuits for the dome light, the power mirror switch, radio and instrument cluster.

The under-hood PDC fuse #18 (20 amp) and the dash fuse #13 (10 amp)
Under the hood is a #18 not the #17 IOD fuse you mean?

I testee #18 as good as well.. THe #13 is also good as well. I am starting to thing its the IPC/BCM?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jul 2016, 09:40 am
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 7,339
Default Re: No Fuse + No DRL error

From the 2003 PT Cruiser shop manual wiring diagrams:

Fuse #13, 10 amp, protects these circuits;
sentry key immobilizer (chipped ignition key)
remote keyless entry
power mirror switch
cargo lamp
dome lamp
overhead console
instrument cluster (low fuel, low oil, low battery lights)
visor mirror lamps
__________________
If at First You Don't Succeed - Try, Try Again
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jul 2016, 10:05 am
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 11
Default Re: No Fuse + No DRL error

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcruisersteve View Post
From the 2003 PT Cruiser shop manual wiring diagrams:

Fuse #13, 10 amp, protects these circuits;
sentry key immobilizer (chipped ignition key)
remote keyless entry
power mirror switch
cargo lamp
dome lamp
overhead console
instrument cluster (low fuel, low oil, low battery lights)
visor mirror lamps

Yeah #13 is good Tested with a meter.

And not all those systems are out. The overhead console is working, the remote key is working the car runs and drives fine so I will assume the Sentry Key is working as well. The Cluster lights all seem to be working as well.. minus the trip odo. that resets to zero each start.


From what I can see online it looks like it could be a bad ground or ipc/bcm?
is the bcm integrated into the ipc? I was thinking of going to KennyUPULL and just grabbing another IPC.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jul 2016, 11:18 am
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Walking distance to the embassy
Posts: 3,103
Default Re: No Fuse + No DRL error

Because Trump

Last edited by sanatanadharma; 09 Nov 2016 at 12:24 pm.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
no Fuse problem and not iod fuse ptcarter Tech & Performance Forum 24 09 Jul 2013 03:21 am
Rigged Fuse Blew and Shot a P1681 error, Car in Limp mode matthewmilbut Tech & Performance Forum 6 28 Jun 2012 12:31 pm
Error Codes Error lilcruiser Tech & Performance Forum 2 10 May 2012 05:34 am
HELP with Wiring Fuse 7 (No feed to fuse) No A/C, Electric Windows, Rear fogger??? ptcruisershoreham General PT Cruiser Discussions 3 08 Mar 2011 08:06 pm
new radio no power + error code " no fuse " ? Ctown Sound and Security Forum 4 22 Apr 2006 06:03 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 pm.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors