PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
No Right Turn Signal, Low Beam or Horn

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Aug 2016, 05:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default No Right Turn Signal, Low Beam or Horn

First post and really need help! 2007 Limited, on right side only (passenger) no low beam, no turn signal and no horn. All fuses are good and I even replaced the entire distribution box as I was told by Chrysler, "that is the problem". Didn't change a thing. Inspection due so I'm hoping for something simple.
Old 07 Aug 2016, 06:12 pm
Banned

Default Re: No Right Turn Signal, Low Beam or Horn

Welcome to the forum

Did a shop do a diagnosis on your PT, or were they just going off what you were describing the problem? You replaced the TIPM? And if so, with a new or remanufactured one, and from where did you purchase it from?
Old 07 Aug 2016, 06:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I called the local dealer, service department, and that is what he said. I went to a salvage yard and took one out (rear end wreaked). Everything else works the way it should.
Old 07 Aug 2016, 06:41 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricbme View Post
I called the local dealer, service department, and that is what he said. I went to a salvage yard and took one out (rear end wreaked). Everything else works the way it should.
There is some information that some dealership programming may be required after replacement of the TIPM. That may be one reason why they charge so much for that repair.
Old 07 Aug 2016, 06:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Check your wiring.
I just had an ABS light (and TRAC and Brake) come on, and I figured it was an ABS sensor and I don't have a reader to tell me which one, so I brought it to mechanic - some critter had chewed into the wiring harness! I learned it's fairly common.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 07 Aug 2016, 06:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

UGH! I was thinking about changing the MULTIFUNCTION SWITCH next but was hoping someone else may have had this problem.
Old 07 Aug 2016, 08:18 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricbme View Post
UGH! I was thinking about changing the MULTIFUNCTION SWITCH next but was hoping someone else may have had this problem.
There's also no way to determine if the TIPM you got from the salvage vehicle was good.
LionPT likes this.
Old 07 Aug 2016, 10:19 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
There's also no way to determine if the TIPM you got from the salvage vehicle was good.
^^^ This

Also check your ground wires.
There are no fuse/relays for the problems you are having.

Check the 2 on the drivers fender once air box is removed.

bob2006, rckstein and JoeX like this.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 08 Aug 2016, 08:27 am
Veteran Cruiser

Try resetting the TIPM yourself by disconnecting both battery cables and holding them together where the clamps make contact for fifteen minutes. Just use a c clamp or some vise grips to do that. Unless you want to zip tie or use a string or rubber band or something. SUPPOSEDLY, this will reset the TIPM. I don't know personally, as the only vehicle I ever had with the TIPM got killed at only 65,000 miles (2008 Caliber) and the one in my 2013 200 hasn't given me any problems.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 08 Aug 2016, 09:29 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
Try resetting the TIPM yourself by disconnecting both battery cables and holding them together where the clamps make contact for fifteen minutes. Just use a c clamp or some vise grips to do that. Unless you want to zip tie or use a string or rubber band or something. SUPPOSEDLY, this will reset the TIPM. I don't know personally, as the only vehicle I ever had with the TIPM got killed at only 65,000 miles (2008 Caliber) and the one in my 2013 200 hasn't given me any problems.
From what I understand the TIPM can only be reset by the dealer. There might be a few repair shops that might have it the device but its very expensive and most repair shops just replace them to see if it fixes the problem. Some members have even complained about the dealers installing faulty TIPM's in their PT Cruisers.