Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ptprice
  • 1 Post By Carnut
  • 1 Post By chuzz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Aug 2016, 07:17 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default good news for SOOO BIG

I hadn't driven SOOO BIG for 14 days while recovering from ulnar nerve surgery. When I began driving him again I heard a pesky whirring noise from the engine compartment.

I couldn't successfully do the old screwdriver tip trick with my ear to the handle to listen to all the rotating parts. Relative to another temporary rare problem, BOW HUNTERS SYNDROME (vertebrobasilar artery syndrome), The neurosurgeon's told me don't move my head! Why? 'Cause any neck motion is cuttin' off the flow of blood to my brain. I don't want to loose any more brain cells 'cause I don't want to end up bein' as dumb as I look. So I'm temporarily following that routine. Corrective surgery for that comin' up in a few months.

Thinkin' it might be the clutch in the "new" Chinese made A/C compressor just installed, I took it to my A/C guy for a complete stethoscope evaluation. It turned out the sound's comin' from the electric fan and it should go away in a few more trips around town.

Apparently, SOOO BIG doesn't like to sit around for a few weeks without a little airin' out. I feel the same way!

This syndrome is the reason I installed a back-up camera in SOOO BIG a few months ago with bubble spot mirrors on both rear views. It's allowed me to safely continue driving without movin' my head. Get out a my way, I'm comin' through!

Anyway, all's well that ends well. Just wanted to share the good news.

Happy Ptin', ptprice
Carnut likes this.
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 11 Aug 2016, 07:37 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: good news for SOOO BIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptprice View Post

Anyway, all's well that ends well. Just wanted to share the good news.

Happy Ptin', ptprice
Nice to see things are working out for you and SOOO BIG.

Just had to comment on your last statement, it really struck a cord with me.

Wayyyy back in the dark ages of computing I used to have to keypunch my programming on IBM punch cards and feed them into a 'card reader' and then wait around for a 'printout'

In order to be somewhat sure that my programming and data worked out on the printout I always made my last card in the 'deck' the statement

'Alls Well That Ends Well'

So if I saw that statement at the bottom of the printout I could feel fairly confident that everything ran as I wanted.
ptprice likes this.
http://www.carnut.com/
FB https://www.facebook.com/george.c.mcdowell
My 2005 PT Cruiser GT Convertible Project

Old 12 Aug 2016, 07:38 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: good news for SOOO BIG

Sorry to hear that you're having problems, Price. But glad to hear that it's nothing serious with SOOO BIG. My wife has had seven back and neck surgeries and it appears she's in need of another neck surgery now. They suck! I wish you a speedy recovery, man.
ptprice likes this.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.