PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Rear hatch lock on Gen 2 Turbo not working

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Aug 2016, 07:20 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Rear hatch lock on Gen 2 Turbo not working

Still raining like a cow piddling on a flat rock, so I am going to wait until it's a) daylight and b) not raining!

Which may be some time, given all these ruddy tropical storms/depressions/whatever are out there in the ocean and giving us lovely Florida rainy season weather.

Have to say, at a (I think mere) 45, this wet weather is playing Hob with my back, neck and hips. Everything aches, accident damage-wise! (I'm now up to TEN herniated/ruptured/bulging/burst discs from C3/4 to L5/6).

Previous PT Cruiser: 2007 Touring Edition (non-Turbo) in Ocean Pearl.

Current Cruiser: 2007 Limited Edition Turbo, chrome trim package, Cool Vanilla (husband's car).

Now driving a 2014 Ford Escape SE 2.0 Ecoboost, Deep Impact blue (perhaps not the best name choice for a vehicle of mine!)
Old 31 Aug 2016, 07:21 pm
Young Cruiser

PEE ESS!

You guys rock, thank you so much - I'm actually glad to still have a PT in the family.

PEE PEE ESS: Yes, we are kicking ourselves for not pinching the locking mechanism from the blue Cruiser (RIP).

Current Cruiser: 2007 Limited Edition Turbo, chrome trim package, Cool Vanilla (husband's car).

Now driving a 2014 Ford Escape SE 2.0 Ecoboost, Deep Impact blue (perhaps not the best name choice for a vehicle of mine!)
Old 31 Aug 2016, 07:22 pm
Young Cruiser

[QUOTE=rckstein;622951]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcruisersteve View Post

You can't see the actuator from this view, you've gotta look up in the hole (I know, sounds like a medical procedure), but you can just barely see it from the outside of the vehicle.
FNARRRRR!

Old 31 Aug 2016, 07:34 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippysChick View Post
PEE ESS!

You guys rock, thank you so much - I'm actually glad to still have a PT in the family.

PEE PEE ESS: Yes, we are kicking ourselves for not pinching the locking mechanism from the blue Cruiser (RIP).
The dealer you took it to for examination, is it the same place you bought it from? Are you trying to get them to fix it for free as it was defective when you purchased it? The reason I'm asking is because if it's the same place you bought it from and you want them to fix it for free, they may be reluctant to put any money into a vehicle that they've already sold, as it would be costly for them to replace the complete outside handle assembly. Therefore, they may just be feeding you a line that it never had an electric hatch lock, just hoping that you go away. But as I provided in a previous post, from the brochure, all models for '07 had an electric rear hatch lock. Pardon the pun, but I would like to look up that hole I still think it's in there.
Old 31 Aug 2016, 08:13 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
The dealer you took it to for examination, is it the same place you bought it from? Are you trying to get them to fix it for free as it was defective when you purchased it? The reason I'm asking is because if it's the same place you bought it from and you want them to fix it for free, they may be reluctant to put any money into a vehicle that they've already sold, as it would be costly for them to replace the complete outside handle assembly. Therefore, they may just be feeding you a line that it never had an electric hatch lock, just hoping that you go away. But as I provided in a previous post, from the brochure, all models for '07 had an electric rear hatch lock. Pardon the pun, but I would like to look up that hole I still think it's in there.
I shall perform the necessary examination tomorrow!
rckstein likes this.