Advertisements
HELP Problems with hazard/signal function

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By muzicmax

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Sep 2016, 03:52 pm
Cool Cruiser

Exclamation HELP Problems with hazard/signal function {FIXED}

Ok here is low down,................I installed some LED turn signals and got the fast signals. A very common problem when using leds for signal lights..
Instead of using the resistors to fix the problem. I went ahead and bought a LED flasher that was supposed to have been compatible (same as the oem flasher). Yes I double checked before I replaced oem with the led flasher.
Anyways when I swapped the flashers out and turned the key on there was a noise like a zzzzz and then nothing I figured something didn't work right. I was right, nothing worked with that led flasher. I immediately replaced it with the oem flasher but now my hazard and signal lights don't work at all. I checked fuse #15 but it was good and my wipers worked. Everything else works as normal ie: brake /running lights/ headlights/ fog lights ect...
Any thoughts? I hope I didn't fry anything. Do you think mabey I have to replace the whole multifunction unit now?
Thanks for any help

UPDATE: I replaced the whole multifunction (I had a spare kicking around) and it's NOT THAT!

Another UPDATE: Turns out it was the Hazard fuse (15 amp) in the engine compartment! I had no idea it affected the signal lights, nor did I know it was even in there. Gawd I was freaking for a bit, thought maybe I had major issue happening lol!
I am not going to buy another flasher in case it happens again. Looks like I'll be using those resistors arrg there is hardly any room in there to hook them up.

Anyways maybe this thread will help someone else that has or might have the same problem. But if you feel the need to delete it then be my guest

Last edited by muzicmax; 13 Sep 2016 at 11:24 am. Reason: I SOLVED IT MYSelf!
Old 12 Sep 2016, 08:13 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: HELP Problems with hazard/signal function

Could you post what LED flasher you used, so that anyone in the future won't buy the same kind.

04' GT Manual Purple PT Mileage: 95k (Died Spring 2018)
05' N/A Automatic Red PT Mileage:121k (Died summer 2017)
Old 12 Sep 2016, 11:14 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: HELP Problems with hazard/signal function

I bought the EP27L LED Bulb Electronic Flasher.
Funny thing is that all the research I did it said it was compatible
This is the one I bought from Napa.

This is the one I was going to buy because they said it was compatible. If you look at the part #'s it replaces my original oem flasher Part #4671 714AB and that is what the site said would work. When I called them they told me as long as it is a EP27L it doesn't matter what brand it is. It will work with your Pt

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...Specifications

Last edited by muzicmax; 13 Sep 2016 at 11:14 am. Reason: added original part #