Advertisements
Drivers Door not locking

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bcuda

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Sep 2016, 12:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Drivers Door not locking

My daughter's 04 GT started doing something really weird and I can't figure out what is wrong. I'm hoping someone on here has seen this before. I have a lot of experience at working on cars, especially electrical but this one is interesting. BTW, it has a remote start that I installed personally about 3 years ago. It is wired only to the same wire that the switches are wired to but I did not cut the original wire.

The drivers door is the only one effected. It unlocks but doesn't lock with the fob or either door switches. I have tested the lock actuator by applying 12 volts in both polarities. It works fine. I replaced the RKE unit with one from the junkyard and the working one from my 02 Neon. No luck there. I checked the voltage at the actuator connector and the RKE. It does not have 12 volts coming out of it at the drivers lock wire. I also opened it and checked it at the relay. Again, no voltage at the relay contact when the lock switch is pressed. Not sure how the relay is wired internally as I haven't seen this type of relay before.

All this would make me believe the relay in the RKE module is bad but I know my module from the Neon is good and it does the same thing. I am wondering if there is something it is sensing to not let the door lock. Like sensing the key in the ignition or something. The factory wiring schematic and connector pinout doesn't show any other sensors involved. The only other thing I want to do is disconnect the remote start and see if somehow it is getting some kind of feedback from the other module.

Thanks,

Bob
rockandroller likes this.
Old 12 Apr 2019, 11:33 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Question Re: Drivers Door not locking

Thread revival!! I have the same 'driver door lock' issue exactly...

Has anybody ever solved this one?

I do know that my ignition key cylinder thingy has always been a point of suspicion for me - sometimes if I do a 'less than careful' start I have (seemingly) triggered some code or another. Suspected wear there?

My multi-stalk thingy is worn too (fog lights have never worked since I got the car six years ago, fuses are removed) pondering replacing it too, if I have to go in and renovate the key cylinder...