Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
08 Pt Cruiser- starting issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Sep 2016, 04:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 08 Pt Cruiser- starting issues

Turn key and get a clicking noise. The click sounds like it's the starter. I'm no mechanic, and don't know all the correct terminology. Here's what I have replaced fixed so far. I replaced the battery. I replaced the starter. I have confirmed w a voltage meter that the starter is getting sufficient amps. I thought it might have been the starter relay. I swapped it with the other relay (not sure what it's called) same issue. My only other thought, based on other PT posts is to replace the ignition switch. Anybody have any other suggestions?
Old 30 Sep 2016, 04:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 08 Pt Cruiser- starting issues

Yes, I have a suggestion. Check the ground cable connector behind the battery on the driver side fender. Might be loose, dirty or broken. Look closely and clean it up and tighten it anyway.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 30 Sep 2016, 04:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 08 Pt Cruiser- starting issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgfiedlerjr View Post
Turn key and get a clicking noise. The click sounds like it's the starter. I'm no mechanic, and don't know all the correct terminology. Here's what I have replaced fixed so far. I replaced the battery. I replaced the starter. I have confirmed w a voltage meter that the starter is getting sufficient amps. I thought it might have been the starter relay. I swapped it with the other relay (not sure what it's called) same issue. My only other thought, based on other PT posts is to replace the ignition switch. Anybody have any other suggestions?

I would suggest checking voltage going to the solenoid from the ignition switch and make sure you are getting 12 volts.

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 30 Sep 2016 at 05:39 pm.

Tags
starter issue, starter problems. pt