• 1 Post By Handy_Cruiser
  • 1 Post By chuzz
  • 2 Post By Moparman440
  • 1 Post By thehoghunter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Oct 2016, 06:27 am
Young Cruiser

Default Front washer nozzles....

2006 model; Years ago the originals broke, I assume from the heat from the sun and the heat from the engine.
I replaced with OEM Mopar units, THEY also broke in a short time.
I got tired of paying $16 EACH for these small PLASTIC ones so O bought some of the aftermarket chrome lighted ones (didn't use the lights)
Now after many years THEY have broken and I found reproductions of the originals on Ebay for CHEAP, so I ordered a set....
Upon arrival I blew through them and found that a couple appeared to be partially blocked up (I had ordered 4 total) I found 2 that were clear, I installed 1 actually because the old aftermarket lighted one was ok and just didn't have time to do the other one. THEN I realized that I was missing the GASKET!!
I tried looking for the small gaskets separately but couldn't find any, so I ordered another set of nozzles WITH gaskets and installed them only to find THEY were partially blocked up.........

Question is has anyone had these type of problems that I have?
CAN I drill these out some with a tiny drill bit?
ARE there METAL nozzles I can retrofit into our Cruiser?
HELP!!!!!
Old 03 Oct 2016, 08:17 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Front washer nozzles....

I always have problems with the nozzles, they break all the time, I can get a year or so out of them before having to replace them. They always break and shatter on removal. I haven't found any good replacements. I'd be interested to learn if you find a good replacement.

04' GT Manual Purple PT Mileage: 95k (Died Spring 2018)
05' N/A Automatic Red PT Mileage:121k (Died summer 2017)
Old 03 Oct 2016, 09:36 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Maybe I'm dreaming it, but it seems like I read somewhere last year that someone took the sprayer system off the wipers of a Pacifica or Grand Caravan or something like that and converted their PT. IIRC, the sprayers attach to the wiper arm and all you really have to do it reroute your washer hose to a T-connector and then to the sprayer connections on the wiper arms. Hell, I may try that the next time I hit the junkyard. Mine don't work worth a crap, no matter how I adjust them. I got aftermarket ones from O'Reilly Auto Parts and am very disappointed in them. Beats nothing at all, though.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 03 Oct 2016, 09:47 am
Obsessed Cruiser

It's a Pacifica. These have the nipples for the hose pointing horizontally instead of straight down. It keeps everything tight against the underside of the hood and a little further away from the heat of the turbo.

Here's the thread:

The Handy Windshield Washer Sprayer Mod!

Gkon likes this.
Old 03 Oct 2016, 02:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Dang it! I should have known it was you, Handy! Some days I do good just to remember my name and address. I DO NOT recommend brain surgery to anyone. That is unless it's life threatening. Then by all means, do as I did.
Gkon likes this.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 03 Oct 2016, 03:22 pm
Cool Cruiser

FWIW, I have put the Pacifica nozzles on a PT, and the spray pattern is more narrow. Not really a problem, just thought potential buyers would like to know.
Old 03 Oct 2016, 07:36 pm
Young Cruiser

I'm going to investigate the ones someone got off of a GM product that clip to the wiper arms themselves.......

These ones rather they be OEM or reproductions for the PT are real POS!!!!
Old 04 Oct 2016, 10:49 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
It's a Pacifica. These have the nipples for the hose pointing horizontally instead of straight down. It keeps everything tight against the underside of the hood and a little further away from the heat of the turbo.

Here's the thread:

The Handy Windshield Washer Sprayer Mod!

I've had this mod done on 2 of our PTs and haven't had any problems. They're from the 2006 Pacifica and have a much better spray pattern than the original PT parts.
Old 04 Oct 2016, 11:30 am
Cool Cruiser

Alternate for replacement of washer nozzles: There are clip-on sprayers that go on the wiper blades (no dripping washer fluid on your hood).

See this link: washer nozzle issue!
chuzz likes this.

2005 N/A 5 speed manual - Booger bushings, K&N Filter, MSD spark plug wires, APC Taillights, Accra-Form Running Boards, Hubcap Mike's Spoke Hubcaps, Retrosound radio (usb1-2/aux1-2/bluetooth), Chrysler 1949 Hood Ornament, and a Flameball white pearl shift knob (which makes it go faster).