PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Craig's List find (Sweet Custom Body Parts)

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By bubba_1952
  • 1 Post By rckstein
  • 1 Post By bubba_1952
  • 1 Post By Handy_Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Oct 2016, 09:00 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Craig's List find (Sweet Custom Body Parts)

I came across some sweet custom body parts in Corona, Ca. if anyone is close to that area or wants to make a road trip. This is a sweet deal for someone in the market wanting to customize their ride. All the work has been done on this ride guys all the way down to the shaved door handles and the rear recessed tail lamps. HID headlamps included. I wish I was close to this dude and had a tax refund check.

Listed under Los Angeles California heading.....as a 2003 PT Cruiser

2003 Pt Cruiser - Parts - $1 (Corona)

Description
2003 Pt Cruiser Limited

Motor Mileage -145,656
Transmission, Less than 2 yrs -$250
Fan Unit , Less than 1 yr-$100
Motor Mounts- $50
Tires with rim's set - 275
Air Conditioner - Service Less 1 yr- $100
HIDS - (New In Box) - $50
Front Seat's - $100
Back Seat's - $ 100
PTEAZER Urethane Smoothie Front Fascia with Retro Full Grille small crack $250
PTEAZER Smoothie Retro Rear Roll-Pan $200
Rear Back Up Lights HID'S (Free) With Roll - Pan
Shaved Door's $100 each
Rear gate lift with motor $100
Right fender $150
Left fender $150
Right Q.P. $150
Left Q. P. $150
Motor $500
(If there is any other parts that you want, just let me know)
You will remove the parts yourself.
CASH ONLY!

2004 Limited Edition Platinum Series Dark Graphite Metallic Clearcoat Turbolight A/T
Old 09 Oct 2016, 09:08 pm
Banned

Default Re: Craig's List find (Sweet Custom Body Parts)

Why would someone part out something like this, rather than sell complete? Wouldn't he have better luck selling the complete PT? The mods are tasteful, no outrageous paint scheme, someone should like it as it is. Is the motor blown or something, is he going to lose it in a divorce battle? Going down the prices, $3075 should take the complete vehicle.
ptprice likes this.

Last edited by rckstein; 09 Oct 2016 at 09:19 pm.
Old 09 Oct 2016, 09:21 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Don't understand either, it appears to be running but maybe he doesn't want to go through the engine at 148,000 miles. A lot of time an effort spent on this one though.
ptprice likes this.

2004 Limited Edition Platinum Series Dark Graphite Metallic Clearcoat Turbolight A/T
Old 09 Oct 2016, 09:28 pm
Banned

He might sell a few parts, then end up with a shell to scrap.
Old 10 Oct 2016, 06:36 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Maybe he doesn't have a title for it and the only way he can recoup some of the expenses is to part it out? IDK, just guessing as to why.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 10 Oct 2016, 08:49 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Maybe..you send money and no parts get sent back!

This is a common scam on craigs list. Not saying this is the case in this ad only a thought.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 10 Oct 2016, 09:37 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
Maybe..you send money and no parts get sent back!

This is a common scam on craigs list. Not saying this is the case in this ad only a thought.
What bubba posted, if copied exactly from the ad, says that "you will remove the parts yourself." I can't believe that would be the case, if so, somebody hacking to get to some small clip, could ruin an entire panel, kind of like you see in u-pull-it yards.
Old 10 Oct 2016, 09:58 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
What bubba posted, if copied exactly from the ad, says that "you will remove the parts yourself." I can't believe that would be the case, if so, somebody hacking to get to some small clip, could ruin an entire panel, kind of like you see in u-pull-it yards.
I did not read that part about removing the parts yourself.
Never the less the statement I said that this is a common scam about auto parts on craigs list for someone to list a complete car or parts and you send money never receiving the parts. In some cases you can find complaints that several people purchased the same parts.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 10 Oct 2016, 10:19 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
Why would someone part out something like this, rather than sell complete? Wouldn't he have better luck selling the complete PT? The mods are tasteful, no outrageous paint scheme, someone should like it as it is. Is the motor blown or something, is he going to lose it in a divorce battle? Going down the prices, $3075 should take the complete vehicle.
As others have said, I suspect this car has no title, or just as likely, there's a lean against the title. About 10% of the cars on Craiglist here in Arkansas are that way. Most are cars bought from one of those in-house financing used car dealers. The owner buys the car and makes enough payments that the dealers has recouped enough to pay back whatever they borrowed against their bank's floor plan. Then the owner quits making payments due to mechanical problems with the car and/or a downturn in the owner's personal finances. The dealer doesn't feel that there's enough still owned on the car to pay for a repo shop to go recover it. And the dealer doesn't want to pay a lawyer to write angry letters. And/or the dealer doesn't have the time or motivation to do it him or her self. The dealer has already made a little money on the car by that point and has moved on to other deals. Plus, as the old folks say, "you can't get blood out of a turnip".

So nothing happens to the owner for not continuing to make payments except there's a lean on the title (printed right on the front of it in Arkansas) and dealer often has physical possession of that title. And after a while, the owner realizes nothing is likely to happen. So they sale the car or part it our (like this one). Here, the Craigslist ads will often say something like "no title, parts only".

What I have found is that sometimes, I buyer with a little cash can unravel this mess. If you can get the seller to tell you who had the note, you can sometimes go to that dealer and offer them a few hundred bucks to let it go. Think of it this way, the dealer was getting nothing. A few hundred buck IS something. So some will play ball as long as the one offering the money is a true third party and not a buddy of the owner. My family bought and sold used trucks and equipment as a side line since before I was born. And my daddy did this full time for about fifteen years after he semi-retired. We chased down many a title over the years.
ptprice likes this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 10 Oct 2016 at 10:25 am.