• 1 Post By ptprice
  • 2 Post By rob302
  • 1 Post By Fk5
  • 1 Post By ptprice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Oct 2016, 11:07 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default AVISE ON CHECK ENGINE CODE P0300 05 PT TURBO

Pricie reported to me by phone a half hour ago his PT stumbled a bit this morning and threw a code P0300 using the ignition key three times trick to read it.

He's on vacation in Sugarloaf, Pa. visiting my brother Scotty.

Scotty hooked his reader up and didn't get a code! They think it might be a fuel filter. If so, WHERE IS THE FUEL FILTER ON AN 05 PT TURBO VERT? AS LONG AS IT'S NOT IN THE TANK IT'D BE EASY TO CHANGE.

It's running OK for the moment but a bad filter can be intermittent at times. Please advise soonest, it's timely! 12:08PM Thanks
Happy Ptin', ptprice
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 25 Oct 2016, 11:51 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: AVISE ON CHECK ENGINE CODE P0300 05 PT TURBO

The fuel filter on ALL pt cruisers is in the tank.

Fault Code P0300 - Multiple Cylinder Misfire

A misfire code in a specific cylinder (P0301-Cylinder #1, P0302- Cylinder #2, etc.) usually indicates a possible problem with a plug or ignition wire. A P0300 code indicates the misfire is random and moving around from cylinder to cylinder. The cause here would likely be something that upsets the engine's air/fuel mixture, such as a major vacuum leak, leaky EGR valve or unusually low fuel pressure (weak pump).
ptprice likes this.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 25 Oct 2016 at 11:53 am.
Old 25 Oct 2016, 12:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

P0300 - Multiple Cylinder Misfire

Possible Causes:

1. Fuel system problems exist
2. Erratic Camshaft or Crankshaft Sensor signals
3. Ignition system problems exist
4. Engine mechanical problems exist
5. PCM has failed

I would suggest checking the fuel pressure first. Make sure you are getting 58 +/-5 PSI.
ptprice likes this.
Old 25 Oct 2016, 12:52 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

standby..... ptprice.... your FSS received..... your
request..... answer.... will be transmitted as soon as workload permits..... Over.
ptprice likes this.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 25 Oct 2016, 01:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The P0300 is an generic engine trouble code that can be generated with the simplest things. I would not worry about it unless other things happen or other codes come up.
ptprice likes this.
Old 25 Oct 2016, 02:11 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: ADVISE ON CHECK ENGINE CODE P0300 05 PT TURBO

Good salient advise one and all. I'll pass it on. Probably wiil be the MTAB code.

Much to do about nuttin"!

I'll post out come.

Thanks,

Happy Ptin', ptprice
rob302 likes this.
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 25 Oct 2016, 03:43 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

THANKS LYNN, FOR THE GOOD ADVISE. I passed it on to Pricie......Guess why this is written in RED!
Happy Ptin', ptprice
rob302 likes this.
Old 25 Oct 2016, 03:50 pm
Veteran Cruiser

it's funny that the fuel filter on a PT is what us ford owner refer to as a sock.

fine enough to filter nothing except debris like rocks that are large enough to lock up the pump.

they literally cannot clog. there's just noooo dirt to do it. any debris in the tank must just fit through the sock. i was all set to clean my tank at 276k miles, but the tank was 100% spotless. not a speck in there, no debris, no sludge, no nothin'. i was disappointed.

Old 25 Oct 2016, 04:23 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob302 View Post
it's funny that the fuel filter on a PT is what us ford owner refer to as a sock.

fine enough to filter nothing except debris like rocks that are large enough to lock up the pump.

they literally cannot clog. there's just noooo dirt to do it. any debris in the tank must just fit through the sock. i was all set to clean my tank at 276k miles, but the tank was 100% spotless. not a speck in there, no debris, no sludge, no nothin'. i was disappointed.

Tanks are plastic? The sock on my 'cuda clogged up, but that was rust. The enemy within.
ptprice likes this.
Old 04 Nov 2016, 07:00 am
Dedicated Cruiser

I got up to Martinsville last week to visit with Pricie after he'd returned from his trip to the Sugarloaf Valley in Pennsy. His PT Cruiser Vert had hiccuped just once on his drive back down.

We all got under the hood and one of the spark plug wires showed a carbon track giving us the reason for the ill performance, an intermittent short. I figure prior to installing a new PCV valve a little oil might have passed under the valve cover "O" ring with the excess crankcase pressure and that little bit of oil at the bottom of the plug hole caused the path of least resistance and the short!

Some "Q" tips taped to the end of a straw sucked up the oil in no time! A new set of plug wires and plugs ans it's running great! YAHOO!!!

Steve drove down from his Smith Mountain Lake retirement home on what I thought was his 2016 Harley for the day to help with the fix!

To my surprise it's a new old Harley! I hadn't known he's had some engine trouble on his 2016! Harley's final solution was to put his purple stuff on a brand new 2017 chassis and engine! Another YAHOO! They wanted that old engine back to tear down and figure out why it started acting up. So now he has two 2017 Harley's with that bigger engine! Awesome! He's clocked 280 miles on it and now for all intents and purposes it's a 2017!

Pricie's joined the PT Cruiser Forum as ptpricie. He has limited internet access as he only uses his smart phone for internet, but he'll be posting his thanks for all the good Forum advise!

Thanks for all the help. Happy PTin', ptprice, ptpricie and aquacruisersteve

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg
wwpptc likes this.