• 1 Post By Handy_Cruiser
  • 1 Post By deftoner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Oct 2016, 01:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Coil Noice Supression Capacitor: 04606881aa

Hello there guys!

I have a little big problem.

I needed a Negative pole so I connected it to the output of this capacitor (I didnt know that was a capacitor), and the PT now is not starting. I mean, the engine turn but not explotion. I guess there is not spark.

I dont know if connecing (-) to the outpup of this capacitor was the problem, or some loose cable. Im cheking everything but I want to ask anybody if have the electrical diagram for this capacitor or have any idea the function of it.

THANKS

Part code: 04606881aa
Old 27 Oct 2016, 09:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Coil Noice Supression Capacitor: 04606881aa

That capacitor is just for radio noise reduction.

My question is what did you need the negative pole for and what did you hook the other end of the wire to?

I would suspect a blow fuse in the fuse box under the hood. Fuse #13 might be a good place to start.

Here's a diagram. Yours should be similar:

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 27 Oct 2016 at 09:51 pm.
Old 27 Oct 2016, 11:43 pm
Fresh Cruiser

MAN! can I say that I love you? in a totally heterosexual way?

Lol. I was in bed when I read your reply. I went running to the parking lot (in pijamas) and checked the fuse 13... the fuse was OK (I already tested with a logic tool) but when I saw your diagram I understand that need to be a fuse...

So I doble checked and just in case swapped the 13 fuse. I found the 23 burned (15a, "auto shutdown relay feeder") I swaped from the towing fuse, and uala! It started!!!

OK, I have a oil presure warning problem. Its random. I use the car for days without problem. When I go down from a highway some days when Im below 800rpm the light go on, interminent so the sound alarm will sound like crazy. Eventually the RPM of the engine need to be higher and higher to maintain the light off. But if I turn the engine off for like 10 secons and then on, the light will never go on.

Yesterday I went to the mechanic, we checked the presure for 40 minutes running, and was OK. just in case changed the oil for mobil 1 full syntetic, filter and the pressure sensor (for a moplar one). And the light eventually flashed. So, I decided to put the sensor to a negative, with a switch. The engine doent change the sound when the oil presure is on... The only next thing on the list is to change the oil pump.... Which is big repair. A friend have his car totaled and he gave me his engine (100k miles, mine have 165k) and I have it on a warehouse. Soooo I just wanted to turn the oil light off.. I tested worked, then I say.. oh. here its a nice place to fit this negative pole... (the sensor is working so its sending negative to the cable...) that made the fuse blow. I though was a connector loose. the crank sensor, etc. Was a crazy day.. Tomorrow I was ready to call AAA to take the car to the mechanic, just for a fuse....

Again man, THANKS for the wiring diagram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
That capacitor is just for radio noise reduction.

My question is what did you need the negative pole for and what did you hook the other end of the wire to?

I would suspect a blow fuse in the fuse box under the hood. Fuse #13 might be a good place to start.

Here's a diagram. Yours should be similar:

Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 28 Oct 2016, 07:47 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Glad we could help.

Since a new oil pressure sending unit did not fix your oil pressure light issue, you might temporarily install an inexpensive mechanical oil pressure gauge. Often, even the cheap mechanical gauges are more accurate than the OEM gauge. And you can monitor what the actual oil pressure is. Then you will be able to tell if it's really an oil pressure issue or just a gauge/engine management issue.

Also, I believe you should be getting an oil pressure light below 4 psi at the sending unit on the back of the block.
Old 28 Oct 2016, 08:10 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
Glad we could help.

Since a new oil pressure sending unit did not fix your oil pressure light issue, you might temporarily install an inexpensive mechanical oil pressure gauge. Often, even the cheap mechanical gauges are more accurate than the OEM gauge. And you can monitor what the actual oil pressure is. Then you will be able to tell if it's really an oil pressure issue or just a gauge/engine management issue.

Also, I believe you should be getting an oil pressure light below 4 psi at the sending unit on the back of the block.

I though the same. On my old cars that install goes with a T adapter on the oil pressure and a plastic hose to the gauge right? I need to scratch all my arms again? I speaking about analog gauges. may be there is digital ones this times.