PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
General loom wiring, routing question; disassembler's experience needed!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Nov 2016, 11:50 am
Regular Cruiser

Default General loom wiring, routing question; disassembler's experience needed!

Hopefully this will be a simple question in terms of a straight answer! Anybody that's come across my overhead console refit thread will know that I need a 5v supply for the electronics which means converting the 12v ignition supply down. Space is at a premium in there, plus a voltage converter tends to be noisy and/or have magnetic things in there which will play merry hell with my compass.

My solution is to move the 12v to 5v converter upstream and insert it further into the loom, elsewhere than the overhead console.

Question is, what is the directional routing of the loom? I presume that it goes across the roof in one direction (left towards the internal fuse box?) and down the A pillar or similar. Input from anybody that has had the headliner apart or worked on this area and knows the loom routing has the opportunity to win some Internet Points for this info or even ideas on where to locate a small voltage converter.

Cheers!

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use" - Søren Kierkegaard
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" - Christopher Hitchens