Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Saved by HELLA!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Jun 2004, 12:02 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Saved by HELLA!

The other day I was sitting waiting for a parking place when I guy directly to my right starts to back out like he is in a hurry. I don't think he even looked in his rear view mirrors. In a flash I saw this gut backing right into my side and before I could scream I layed on my NEW HELLA dual horns, not only did he hear me, but his hair stood up straight and he jameed his brakes on the spot. I don't think he would be heard the stock "mouse" horn. Jack, if your out there, THANKS! that spells relief.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 12:19 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Which one did you install? Did you have to rewire anything?
Old 29 Jun 2004, 12:33 am
Dedicated Cruiser

The dual red horns, mounted in front behind the grille. had it pro installed. Gary
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Old 29 Jun 2004, 12:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Sounds like it was a HELLAva close call.... (groan)

What we need is a sonic immobilizer - I understand it's being looked into - sound so powerfull it "freezes" you.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 29 Jun 2004, 12:47 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Gary, They've saved my a$$ a couple of times too. Excellent Mod.....
Old 29 Jun 2004, 02:09 pm
Regular Cruiser

no doubt about it, the pt NEEDS and can often use more "horn power"
i tell ya, driving is becoming more like riding a motorcycle. you have to be very aware of what is going on around you and you have to have the mind set that the others on the road are out to kill you.
sheer stupidity and laziness will kill you just as dead as road rage.
redrum
03 GT
Old 29 Jun 2004, 06:31 pm
Senior Cruiser

I have still been meaning to get this done. I guess I could have a pro install them.

I was looking for another horn to add to the stock ones but that takes to much time and shipping. Besides the horns I have recieved were wrong and I need to cut wires anyways. I guess one of these days I should get the Hellas and be done with it adding three new ones to my single.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 02:37 am
Fresh Cruiser

so I read this post this morning.. and guess what happened to me today? I went over to a friends house and there was this huge extended cab truck that you have to hop down off of to get out of sitting in the middle of the street.. right where I was going..so not knowing what they were doing I park AWAY from them. Well then they decide they are going to park too and they start backing up towards where I am parked. I stare in disbelief as I see this huge suv reversing towards me thinking.. they won't back up this far.. I remember this post and I lay on the horn.. they never hear me.. the truck is so big it just keeps coming and coming my car was turned off and I didn't have time to start it up and throw it in reverse. WHAM! so it goes.. so my car has been covered in house paint, I rearended someone and rendered it undriveable, it's been broken into -window smashed, paint scratched up, and now it's been backed into. I am seriously going to have a neighbor perform an "exorcism" on the car. It can't hurt. I have never had any problems with any of my other cars. [:I]it seems to coincide with everytime I get a "mod" too. Weird.
So what does the "hella" horn sound like cause I am not fond of the ooga horns..
Old 30 Jun 2004, 09:49 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by turbomangt

The other day I was sitting waiting for a parking place when I guy directly to my right starts to back out like he is in a hurry. I don't think he even looked in his rear view mirrors. In a flash I saw this gut backing right into my side and before I could scream I layed on my NEW HELLA dual horns, not only did he hear me, but his hair stood up straight and he jameed his brakes on the spot. I don't think he would be heard the stock "mouse" horn. Jack, if your out there, THANKS! that spells relief.
Glad they helped out, Gary! If anyone else is interested in these, the Hella part # is 85115 and they are available anywhere Hella products are sold.Here are some links I know of off the top of my head to some of my customers:

http://www.denunzioracing.com/Mercha...Category_Code=

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/supertone_horn.asp

http://www.puma-access.com/hella/hella.html

http://www.griotsgarage.com/search.jsp?searchtext=hella

Or you can check out this list on the Hella site:

http://www.hella.com/produktion/Hell...ere_to_Buy.jsp

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 05 Aug 2004, 01:32 am
Cool Cruiser

How hard are these to mount on a pt in place of the stock horns?
2k3 Electric Blue Touring, N/A, K&N dropin, Silencers removed, Snorkle Replacement, BTG Catback Single Tip Exhaust. \"Technogrounding\", Custom Painted interior, 2k1 5 spoke wheels painted black, Next Destination: Hahn Stage 1. (alas! the perils of insufficient funds)