PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Can 2006 and up PT side air bag seats be adapted to a 2005 PT like SOOO BIG?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 May 2017, 05:05 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Can 2006 and up PT side air bag seats be adapted to a 2005 PT like SOOO BIG?

That thread title's a mouth full but simply put, I'm having a lot of trouble (read impossible so far) finding a nice early set of cloth seats. One's with side air bags preferred. If the 2006 and newer can be made to work I can expand my range into the 2006 and all later models. I'd have a lot more seats to look at. I'd really like to put cloth seats in SOOO BIG!

I hate to admit it but I've reached the point that my favorite out door sport, "roaming the salvage yards", is becoming a bit difficult. There was a day I didn't have to ask. I'd just check it all out till I found the answers.

Is seat mount to floor the same configuration? About the side air bags. Things like swapping out side air bags, swapping out air bag electric connectors. I understand the later models have different air bag wiring. How about compatibility of the power seat connectors and wiring? Are the back seats interchangeable? There may be more differentials I haven't thought of so,

Please advise. Thanks. Happy PT'in, ptprice
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 11 May 2017, 05:15 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Can 2006 and up PT side air bag seats be adapted to a 2005 PT like SOOO BIG?

if you're like me and you're simply desiring cloth because you don't want the young chicks in bikini's complaining they're burning their butts when you pile them in your car, you might consider having the seats re-covered. there's a heck of a lot of upholstery shops by you, most with very good reviews.

Capture.jpg
Old 12 May 2017, 08:32 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: Can 2006 and up PT side air bag seats be adapted to a 2005 PT like SOOO BIG?

Good advise Rob. A better list than I have. Apparently I'm not that good at using "search". Thanks. I'll use it to continue searching for passenger seat bottom restoration. Replacing with cloth upholstery too cost prohibitive! Chrysler wants $1200 for replacement cloth upholstery. Most shops around here will ask about $800 to install! $2000 is way over my budget! So far I've been quoted similar prices in this respect.

I'm checking out a few more of those on that list today looking for that elusive "match" of the leather and vinyl because about a month ago I decided SOOO BIG's leather passenger seat bottom was cosmetically challenged with some slight wear cracks in the leather. It was unsuccessful repaired. Probably not that bad to the non artistic eye but a thorn in my side till I resolve it.

I ran across a leather repair expert yesterday that assured me he could have restored the slight cracks in the leather.

It's got to do with the uniqueness of SOOO BIG's leather seats. No one yet's been able to find matches to the Taupe Grey vinyl or the Pearl Beige leather on SOOO BIG's one year only W.P. Chrysler Signature Series leather seats. This search is to correct the passenger seat error. Neither Chrysler parts or anyone else I've checked with so far have the correct material. Restoring that one seat would fall into my budget range.

Alternatively I've been searching for a reasonably priced good set of replacement 2005 compatible PT cloth seats found in a salvage yard. This appears to be my most reasonable solution. Front and rear. This is the reason I've posted threads in the past weeks in a fact find effort to help in my search.

I've been trying to find a reasonably priced, "under $300 to $400", alternative and it seemed to me replacing SOOO BIG's seats with a good set of salvage yard PT cloth seats to be my best alternative.

This is the reason for my latest questions about the possibility of expanding my search to the 2006 and up PT seats. A bit wordy but that's the why and where for of it.

Any advise gratefully appreciated, thanks. Happy PTin', ptprice
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.