Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Rear Tow Hooks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 May 2017, 06:20 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Rear Tow Hooks

Was going to have a hitch put on 2006 pt. You have to remove rear tow hooks 4 thread bots on each side. Tech came back and said one of the bolts is just turning any help on how i would get this out. Thanks
Old 12 May 2017, 07:22 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Rear Tow Hooks

A grinder with a cutoff wheel, would be the safest method.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 13 May 2017, 05:06 am
Fresh Cruiser

The bolt goes into the frame no way to get at it. I was going to cut the head off and just use 3 bolts on one site or just have someone do a weld on the one spot. Any input on this. Thanks
Old 13 May 2017, 07:08 am
Senior Cruiser

On the stripped bolt, did you/they try taking the other bolts out and pull on the tow hook, to put pressure on bolt, while trying to back it out? If that doesn't work, cut the head off and put the hitch on with three on one side. The towing capacity is not large enough that it should cause a problem. The hitch I have on mine uses only two of the mounting bolts from the tow hook and you drill a extra hole on the frame for a third mount.

2001 LE, auto, billet grille, tall shifter, polished aluminum spare, K&N filter and Hedman hedder. Why a header? Because it makes me happy!

Old 13 May 2017, 09:58 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner109 View Post
The bolt goes into the frame no way to get at it. I was going to cut the head off and just use 3 bolts on one site or just have someone do a weld on the one spot. Any input on this. Thanks
Is it one of the bottom ones or one on the side. There are weld nuts inside the frame those bolts go into. If it's one of the ones on the side, you can drill an access hole opposite and be able to get a socket to hold it in place to remove it. One on the bottom you might be able to drill an access hole forward of it to sneak a wrench in to hold the nut.