• 1 Post By VsandFords
  • 1 Post By ALBERT
  • 1 Post By ALBERT
  • 2 Post By Kehleyra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 May 2017, 03:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Passenger Door Latch Interior Clip

My 2005 PT base model has a broken door rod clip on the passenger front inside door handle.

I have taken the inside door panel off and found that the clip that holds the door rod in the inside door latch broke. I found a small piece of it and it's blue. I have tried to find a new clip. Everything I've found says that you have to replace the entire door regulator. I found it hard to believe that the blue clip is not available by itself.

I thought I found the part number once, but can't find it now. If I can find the clip, it's a simple fix. I would rather not spend the money on the whole regulator and not sure how hard that job is.

Does anyone know the part number or know where I can get that clip?

Thanks.
Old 18 May 2017, 04:18 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Passenger Door Latch Interior Clip

This may help.

CHRYSLER DODGE CHRYSLER JEEP PLYMOUTH DOOR ROD CLIPS Part# 4658444 4658445 TG-6 | eBay

Found it on eBay, they say to check the size to be sure. The Chrysler number is listed so, you might be able to find them at a dealer near you.

Also found this from a previous post on the forum.

There is a little clip that is supposed to hold the rod onto the inner handle.
04658676 is the part number.
rockandroller likes this.

2001 LE, auto, billet grille, tall shifter, polished aluminum spare, K&N filter and Hedman hedder. Why a header? Because it makes me happy!

Last edited by VsandFords; 18 May 2017 at 04:26 pm.
Old 19 May 2017, 09:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thank you. I will try to find one and see if that will work. Such a pain for such an easy fix.
Old 19 May 2017, 09:44 pm
Banned

Check at some auto parts stores (AutoZone, Pep Boys, Oreilly's) they may carry something in their Dorman repair parts.
Old 20 May 2017, 06:49 am
Senior Cruiser

I checked Dorman first, working at a auto parts D/C. They do not list one specific to the Cruiser. If you try one of these, that an old clip to match. For the price, I'd go with the OE part. You could also go to a U-pull-it and get one or five off of Cruiser in the yard. That IMO would be more work with more time involved, unless you are there for something else. Still, it would be an old part.

2001 LE, auto, billet grille, tall shifter, polished aluminum spare, K&N filter and Hedman hedder. Why a header? Because it makes me happy!

Old 20 May 2017, 07:46 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VsandFords View Post
I checked Dorman first, working at a auto parts D/C. They do not list one specific to the Cruiser. If you try one of these, that an old clip to match. For the price, I'd go with the OE part. You could also go to a U-pull-it and get one or five off of Cruiser in the yard. That IMO would be more work with more time involved, unless you are there for something else. Still, it would be an old part.
Yeah, when I thought of Dorman their website was down so I couldn't actually check with them. But considering all the other repair parts they make, it would be hard to believe that they wouldn't make a MOPAR door clip.
Old 20 May 2017, 02:43 pm
Regular Cruiser

Had the same clip break two weeks ago found them at pepboys, they are the dorman brand, they come in a pack with several sizes $4.99. Hope this helps.
rckstein likes this.
Old 20 May 2017, 03:37 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBERT View Post
Had the same clip break two weeks ago found them at pepboys, they are the dorman brand, they come in a pack with several sizes $4.99. Hope this helps.
I saw a package of Dorman clips today while at Pep Boys, but the ones they had were for Import vehicles.

Do you by chance still have the package from the ones you bought, you could provide the Dorman part number to the OP?
Old 20 May 2017, 11:27 pm
Regular Cruiser

The package dorman door lock rod assortment #75450 Also the package states FOR GM AND FORD. I bought this assortment pack closest to the orignal clip that i could find for spares, since I found a clip on an old lock part. there are six clips in the package, worth a try, as you can always return them.
rckstein likes this.
Old 10 Jun 2017, 07:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thank you very much, Albert!

I got dorman door lock rod assortment #75450, and one of the white ones worked! My daughter and I finally got it fixed today. It has been broken for over a year now I think and we were very tired of having to open the door from the outside.

I knew there had to be a clip out there somewhere that would work. I didn't want to have to replace they whole regulator when it was only a stupid clip.

Thanks all.

Tags
clip, door rod clip, front door, inside, latch