PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2007 PT Cruiser Air Conditioning not working

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 May 2017, 07:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2007 PT Cruiser Air Conditioning not working

Hi all, I am new here..

I have a 2007 PT, non Turbo. The cold air stopped working on it about a year or so ago.

I tried recharging the freon and noticed the gauge on the freeon kit wavers back and forth. Meaning it doesnt stay in the full (green) area it goes to green saying its full then it drops to the empty area on the gauge.

I checked to see if the compressor is working and I can hear it clicking on and off.

I took a shot in the dark and replaced the Low Pressure Valve to see if that was the problem and it still doesn't blow cold air.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 29 May 2017, 06:18 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2007 PT Cruiser Air Conditioning not working

While I don't know diddly about a/c, it sounds to me like you've got a hole in the system somewhere. First thing I'd check is the a/c hoses around the crimp connections for any obvious signs of leakage. If they look clean, then you need to remove your grille and check the condensor for holes.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 29 May 2017, 07:20 am
Senior Cruiser

Welcome to the forum from Texas.

You might check with the auto repair shops in your area. They sometimes will run A/C specials this time of year. You might be able to have them check the system and let you know what's wrong for only an hour labor or less. A friend had a facebook special last year, $35 to check and charge system.

2001 LE, auto, billet grille, tall shifter, polished aluminum spare, K&N filter and Hedman hedder. Why a header? Because it makes me happy!

Old 29 May 2017, 08:09 pm
Young Cruiser

HI
is your fan running when you turn the air on? I mean the radiator fan. If its not that could be the problem.
Magoo
Changed the washer nozzles.
Waiting for the weather to change and Then I will change the timing belt and water pump, Motor Mounts All. Brakes. Bell crank. and I am sure I will find other little things to change.
I love this car! it's the only car I have ever gone looking for. instead of just looking for best used car at the best price. magoo NC
Old 31 May 2017, 05:03 pm
Young Cruiser

did you pull a vacuum on the system before adding freon?? if not, air takes up space,and you didn't have enough room for the factory spec charge to go into system, the system has to be evacuated first,then add (2) cans of R-134-A to it, the PT's hold 24 ounces of freon