PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2006 pt cruiser PCM

 
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JoeX

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03 Jun 2017, 03:52 pm
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orlando Florida
Posts: 414
Send a message via Yahoo to partyd
Default 2006 pt cruiser PCM

What needs to be done to replace the computer?
Does it need to be reprogrammed with the vehicle VIN number like GM?
Or I can switch it to the vehicle and program the keys?
__________________
2008 Pt cruiser Touring
2004 Pt Cruiser GT
2004 Chrysler 300M
2008 Chrysler Pacifica awd
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03 Jun 2017, 06:24 pm
Senior Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: SW PA
Posts: 1,357
Default Re: 2006 pt cruiser PCM

Make certain you need one first, sometimes it just a sensor or ground issue.
What problems are you having, codes???

No the 2006 up models you will need to have your PCm programmed if you find one out of a recycle yard

If you buy one from a company the repairs??? them be careful who you pick but theirs are usually plug and run if its a goood one.

Or If you find a wreck to take parts you will need FOB/Key, key cylinder, skim module, and PCM. After changing the above pieces mine ran. You will have to use a separat door key or get your locks rekeyed, which I DID.
__________________
Addicted to Mopar You can tell how old I am..
65 Dodge Coronet 6 cyl 2dr Post
66 Ply Satellite with 273 engine swap to 69 340 4spd
70 340 4spd Dart Swinger "Those were the days my friend"
73 Charger SE
Had a few Vetts on the way 69, 85
Several Neons some flips
01 Sebring flip
Cruiser's 01, 220K Gone to a new home
Cruiser 03 133K Gone to a new home
Cruiser 06 110K Project Gone to new Home
Cruiser 05 Ltd 120,809 bought with broken belt Oct2015
May 16 Resurrected to once again roam the streets.

20 Miles South Of Pittsburgh
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03 Jun 2017, 06:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 7,475
Default Re: 2006 pt cruiser PCM

Partyd was working on this issue earlier today.

P2074 CHRYSLER Manifold Pressure

I would consider checking the group of ground wires on the drivers inside fender before considering replacing the PCM. Sometimes they get corroded inside and you can't see it from the outside.
__________________
If at First You Don't Succeed - Try, Try Again
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04 Jun 2017, 06:33 am
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Lake Wales, FL
Posts: 5,011
Default Re: 2006 pt cruiser PCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeX View Post
Make certain you need one first, sometimes it just a sensor or ground issue.
What problems are you having, codes???

No the 2006 up models you will need to have your PCm programmed if you find one out of a recycle yard

If you buy one from a company the repairs??? them be careful who you pick but theirs are usually plug and run if its a goood one.

Or If you find a wreck to take parts you will need FOB/Key, key cylinder, skim module, and PCM. After changing the above pieces mine ran. You will have to use a separat door key or get your locks rekeyed, which I DID.
Why didn't you just pull the door lock and hatch lock too, Joe? They're not that hard to get to.
__________________


Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04 Jun 2017, 06:51 am
Senior Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: SW PA
Posts: 1,357
Default Re: 2006 pt cruiser PCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
Why didn't you just pull the door lock and hatch lock too, Joe? They're not that hard to get to.
I bought off Ebay, locks were not included
chuzz likes this.
__________________
Addicted to Mopar You can tell how old I am..
65 Dodge Coronet 6 cyl 2dr Post
66 Ply Satellite with 273 engine swap to 69 340 4spd
70 340 4spd Dart Swinger "Those were the days my friend"
73 Charger SE
Had a few Vetts on the way 69, 85
Several Neons some flips
01 Sebring flip
Cruiser's 01, 220K Gone to a new home
Cruiser 03 133K Gone to a new home
Cruiser 06 110K Project Gone to new Home
Cruiser 05 Ltd 120,809 bought with broken belt Oct2015
May 16 Resurrected to once again roam the streets.

20 Miles South Of Pittsburgh
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04 Jun 2017, 09:16 am
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orlando Florida
Posts: 414
Send a message via Yahoo to partyd
Default Re: 2006 pt cruiser PCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcruisersteve View Post
Partyd was working on this issue earlier today.

P2074 CHRYSLER Manifold Pressure

I would consider checking the group of ground wires on the drivers inside fender before considering replacing the PCM. Sometimes they get corroded inside and you can't see it from the outside.
I check all the wires, and grounds, I got this vehicle from the auction in 2015 and it was running ok, the fuel pump stop last year and it was the TIPM, after that, it drove good again and now, it idles bad I reset the codes and the check engine lights stays off but driving one block is all it needs to show p2074 again

New sensors, all of them in the intake and cam but still the same
__________________
2008 Pt cruiser Touring
2004 Pt Cruiser GT
2004 Chrysler 300M
2008 Chrysler Pacifica awd
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04 Jun 2017, 10:29 am
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 7,475
Default Re: 2006 pt cruiser PCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyd View Post
I check all the wires, and grounds, I got this vehicle from the auction in 2015 and it was running ok, the fuel pump stop last year and it was the TIPM, after that, it drove good again and now, it idles bad I reset the codes and the check engine lights stays off but driving one block is all it needs to show p2074 again

New sensors, all of them in the intake and cam but still the same
I would suggest using a vacuum gauge for reading, if the belt is off a tooth it will reflect in either a very high idle HG or very low. An engine that is in good condition will idle between 16-18 steady on most 2.4 engines.

Now, depending on your specific year and engine combination, there are updated software available for the engine controller to address this code P2074
assuming there isn't any vacuum leaks. Sometimes the updated software will take care of the problem but please do your own research as I have not experienced this issue myself.
__________________
If at First You Don't Succeed - Try, Try Again

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 04 Jun 2017 at 10:37 am.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04 Jun 2017, 10:54 am
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orlando Florida
Posts: 414
Send a message via Yahoo to partyd
Default Re: 2006 pt cruiser PCM

Good idea, now I need to buy the vacuum gauge, where this connects? to any vacuum hose
This is a 2006 pt cruiser base, plain

Can I use this? It's my old gauge from my Supra
__________________
2008 Pt cruiser Touring
2004 Pt Cruiser GT
2004 Chrysler 300M
2008 Chrysler Pacifica awd

Last edited by partyd; 04 Jun 2017 at 11:03 am.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04 Jun 2017, 12:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 7,475
Default Re: 2006 pt cruiser PCM

I would suggest connecting the hand vacuum gauge to the intake manifold either tee into the PCV or the brake hose.
__________________
If at First You Don't Succeed - Try, Try Again

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 04 Jun 2017 at 12:24 pm.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2006 pt cruiser HELP!! YoungGuy Tech & Performance Forum 1 23 Aug 2014 02:51 am
2006 GT Cruiser HO Value? Cyclone General PT Cruiser Discussions 7 16 May 2014 07:33 am
Help please 2006 pt cruiser Ls1216 General PT Cruiser Discussions 3 01 Dec 2012 10:11 pm
2006 pt cruiser need help please!! Ls1216 Tech & Performance Forum 2 01 Dec 2012 04:54 pm
2006 CHRYSLER PT CRUISER AUTOMATIC FACTORY WARRANTY, VERY CLEAN CAR (2006 CHRYSLER PT skylight craigslist 0 15 Jul 2007 01:10 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 pm.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors