Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Handy_Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Jun 2017, 07:41 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to raghav
Default Looking for a honest mechanic for my PT

HI,
I have been looking for some one who has worked on PT's before and is honest. I reside in NJ. I am looking to change the engine mounts and change the timing belt going in the future. Would appreciate someone willing to help!
Old 08 Jun 2017, 07:52 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Looking for a honest mechanic for my PT

Welcome to the forum from Texas. Please go to the new members section and start a thread so you can tell us more about your Cruiser and yourself.

We like pictures!

I'm no help with a mechanic in New Jersey.

2001 LE, auto, billet grille, tall shifter, polished aluminum spare, K&N filter and Hedman hedder. Why a header? Because it makes me happy!

Old 08 Jun 2017, 02:12 pm
Senior Cruiser

Actually I also wish there was some form of listing of mechanics who are experienced in working on PT Cruisers by area.

I'm afraid when I first got my PT Conv a year ago I took it to the local dealer that I had ordered my 2002 PT from and was quite discouraged how they handled some service I requested on the Conv. I don't plan on going back there, but I still have some issues that I would like to have looked at and don't know where to turn. Lets say I live in fear of 'sensors'.
http://www.carnut.com/
FB https://www.facebook.com/george.c.mcdowell
My 2005 PT Cruiser GT Convertible Project

Old 08 Jun 2017, 03:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav View Post
HI,
I have been looking for some one who has worked on PT's before and is honest. I reside in NJ. I am looking to change the engine mounts and change the timing belt going in the future. Would appreciate someone willing to help!
I normally do all my own mechanic work. But lately I've needed some specialty stuff like alignment, window tinting and paint. And I've found my local Mopar club extremely valuable in this regard. I just ask on the club Facebook page and I've gotten some really great referrals.

If I was you, I'd find a local PT Cruiser and/or Mopar club where you live and then ask those folks. Car enthusiasts are often very picky about who works on their cars. So if somebody has a good reputation with that crowd, then they likely know what they are doing.
rsrocket1 and JDK52 like this.
Old 09 Jun 2017, 08:56 am
Regular Cruiser

I think if you go to NPR's "Click and Clack", the Tappet Brothers website, they have a feature where you can either recommend a mechanic in your area that you've had good dealings with, or even search by geographical area for mechanics that others have recommended. Not sure if this would be of interest to you or not, but it's worth a shot, if you don't know of anyone.
Old 09 Jun 2017, 10:40 am
Cool Cruiser

I know in my area there is an app. called nextdoor that is spreading like wild fire. Think of it as a local version of FB. It connects neighborhoods, but has a great reference feature where you can ask folks in your area for recommendations ranging from automotive repair to pool installers. Might be worth checking out. I found the recommendations great as well as getting a good idea of what different folks are charging for certain jobs. Also, you get feedback from folks in your neighborhood.
Old 09 Jun 2017, 10:49 am
Banned

You can use the website Repair Pal to find shops in your local by putting in a service that your vehicle needs, it will give you several shops in your area. You can then see their reviews on what others have experienced with those shops. Also, once you have those shops names, you can also use Yelp to read more reviews as well as the Better Business Bureau to research.

Tags
mechanical advice, mount, timing belt kit