Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Door lock actuator

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Jun 2017, 06:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Door lock actuator

Just bought a 05 pt and the 2 front door don't lock or unlock, either with door switch,and fob also with key lock,once nothing happened and twice all back door unlock,and lock,with fob,key,door switch. Now Rockauto has only the front door actuator for the convertible, which are a little different from the wagon pt. Any idea where to find this door actuator.And why the 2 front door motor quit.
Thank's
Old 16 Jun 2017, 07:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Door lock actuator

Have you tried any troubleshooting? There could be a few things that could be wrong. Don't just load up the parts cannon and fire. Seems like a wire could be loose. Check for blown fuses also.
Old 16 Jun 2017, 09:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I took the actuator out of the door and tried it with a 12 v battery and the motor don't work at all. I found a left and right on ebay,so I'll try that when they get here. It is odd that both door quit and rear one work.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 07:10 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Always look for the common denominator of cause. When SOOO BIG's rear hatch open function stopped activating I checked out all circuits for continuity and power. Checked fuses, check wire continuity and power flow and viability of the functions at the rear hatch itself. I use two straight pins stuck in any suspect wire, Use a long wire if it's a distance, hooked to a simple $10 electronic tester and if I have power flow and continuity it'll show. Continuity, pin to pin. Power, input to ground. A small dot of super glue will seal the pin hole if necessary.

In this case the poorly designed electronic pressure switch had dysfunctioned in the open position and burned out that part of the remote control entry module. As that module had a two side function the doors still activated. Replacing the pressure switch assembly on the hatch and the remote control entry module solved the problem.

SOOO BIG is happy that his back door is working again. I can only imagine, me not being a car, it might have been like constipation!

Good luck

Happy PTin', ptprice
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.