• 1 Post By rckstein
  • 1 Post By ptprice
  • 2 Post By Handy_Cruiser
  • 1 Post By rckstein

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Jun 2017, 12:34 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default (EBAY)2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Dream Series 1

After reading on the forum that this gentleman was putting this old girl out to pasture on the farm to let it rust away and would never consider selling it to anyone for any price even to part it out either for those interested in parts off it. Low and behold look what I just happen to run across tonight on eBay for sale with a starting bit of $1,300.00 and now has one bid on it. eBay ID number is listed below if any of you want to pull it up and take a look. Just thought I would share the info...

(eBay item number:263037949446)

Up for sale is this truly one of a kind low mileage PT Cruiser! This is a limited production Dream Cruiser Series 1 that has been converted to a custom four door convertible by Newport a Convertible Engineering. They built 45 of these custom PTs.
This unique car has only 94k original miles. There are many custom parts and features on this car, including:
PTeazer roll pan
Xenon Crusher front fascia
Xenon side skirts
E&G grill
Keystone Good Hood 2
SSI wheels
Air Force 1 CAI
Freedom Design strut tower brace
Plus more
Now for the bad, it needs a new rear window and the exhaust is rusted. She runs excellent with a jump start. Battery is just dead from sitting. There are a few dents n dings, will look good with a good detailing.
300 deposit due in 24 hours, with full payment due upon pick up by cash or cashiers check.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

2004 Limited Edition Platinum Series Dark Graphite Metallic Clearcoat Turbolight A/T
Old 17 Jun 2017, 06:49 am
Banned

Default Re: (EBAY)2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Dream Series 1

That's cool

Here's the link to the Ebay ad:

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Dream Series 1

And it will sell because there's No Reserve, I wonder where the other 44 are
rockandroller likes this.

Last edited by rckstein; 17 Jun 2017 at 07:18 am.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 07:11 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Damn, that's sweet! If I could sell my GT, my Grand Caravan and didn't owe my son nearly a thousand dollars, I'd place a bid!

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 07:26 am
Dedicated Cruiser

That's a very nice looking mod. I see one problem. Possible body flex. I hope the over head bar is more stout than the one on PT Verts. It looks like that was what was used. It's designed to work for the PT Vert but I'm just not sure it'd be enough alone for this'n, because without a roof it'll really need reinforcement. Probably a reinforced under body too.

My old 52 Ford Vert would flex so much the doors would open. My simple fix wasn't a strengthening roll bar though. I just tied a cloths line to both inner door handles to keep the doors from opening.

Happy PTin', ptprice
chuzz likes this.
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 19 Jun 2017, 03:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Man, that car is 30 minutes from me. Too bad I'm 2 weeks from getting enough to buy that.
Old 19 Jun 2017, 03:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

It's going to be mine. That's an instant car show winner in the "Neon & Other" category. So no one else needs to bid.

Old 19 Jun 2017, 08:39 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokonoPT View Post
Well, I DID so called "waste" my money on my 02 Dream Cruiser 1 ragtop conversion from Newport, which is the only DC that they have done. The work they did on the conversion is first rate, there is NO body roll at all, and everything fits like it was factory made. The wind noise is no more than any of the other 4 PTs I have owned. The roof only leaks in a hard downpour, and very little. While at the Watkins Glen show a few years ago, I was parked next to brand new factory ragtop, and his was leaking more than mine.
It is great to have the ragtop, and still have all the rear storage space available.
The car WAS commisioned to be made by Chrysler, and sat on the lot with a sticker price of just over 33K. I picked it up for under 18K, with only 16 miles on the clock. It is by far much more fun to drive than the other PTs I have had. 100_0470 pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots
This must be the owner that has the one on Ebay for sale, one of the pics in the Ebay ad is the same as in his gallery.

Post #15 from this thread from PokonoPT:

4 door convertible
Old 21 Jun 2017, 02:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

She's up to $2,025.00 and there's only 2 hours and 30 minutes left to go. I believe somebody is going to get this baby for around $3,000 or less.

It's got a hole in the muffler and rip in the driver's seat. The seller says you can't drive it home due to the muffler. But as we know, that can be fixed on site. This is a great chance to get an almost show-ready PT. I just can't justify the Yankee dollars and cross country trip right now. Somebody here on the forum needs to bid on this and get it. At least that will make it a little less painful on me having to let it go.
Old 21 Jun 2017, 04:45 pm
Banned

It sold for $2050

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Dream Series 1 | eBay