PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Couture Clueless

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Jun 2017, 06:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Post Couture Clueless

I have an Opal Grey 2007 PT Cruiser Convertible and thanks to a great member here I was able to get a couple build sheets on it.

It has everything on the list which includes a bunch of added options.

However...stumped on this that is on the list

AHG-Pt Cruiser Couture Edition

Couture Edition was a 2010 black silver two tone with red pinstripe so I am having trouble finding out what it means on my build Sheet.

Called Chrysler...told me to call a dealer...4 dealerships had no idea and one said he believed it was interior but could be outside...that wasn't much help. I figured if it's anything it probably has to do with some kind of trim option lol

If anyone had any idea what it means or came with as options that would be great!
Old 28 Jun 2017, 06:46 pm
Banned

Default Re: Couture Clueless

The actual color of your PT is: Opal Metallic Clear Coat.

http://www.auto-brochures.com/makes/...tible_2007.pdf
MoostangRita likes this.
Old 28 Jun 2017, 07:13 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoostangRita View Post
I have an Opal Grey 2007 PT Cruiser Convertible and thanks to a great member here I was able to get a couple build sheets on it.

It has everything on the list which includes a bunch of added options.

However...stumped on this that is on the list

AHG-Pt Cruiser Couture Edition

Couture Edition was a 2010 black silver two tone with red pinstripe so I am having trouble finding out what it means on my build Sheet.

Called Chrysler...told me to call a dealer...4 dealerships had no idea and one said he believed it was interior but could be outside...that wasn't much help. I figured if it's anything it probably has to do with some kind of trim option lol

If anyone had any idea what it means or came with as options that would be great!
Couldn't find anything for 2007, it could just be a mistake on the Build Sheet.

AHG.JPG

2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser Packages & Options

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 28 Jun 2017, 07:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks! I had always seen it as Opal Grey when I tried looking up so nice to know what the official color is.

I also did find that code but it said spring edition and only available on a vert and I am not sure what it means or how reliable the site is.

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Other then that I can't find any info
Old 28 Jun 2017, 07:37 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionPT View Post

Attachment 23042

I don't think so because I took her VIN to my local dealership and had the parts person print the STARPARTS NETWORK - Vehicle Information Report from their system and it's listed on their Build Sheet. Their system is a pretty accurate and official system. Her PT was made 3 years before the actual 2010 Couture Edition PT was introduced, but they may have used the name referring to some trim package.

Old 28 Jun 2017, 07:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:

Attachment 23042

Rita, do you see where it has a PLUS and MINUS before the groups that you listed. There's a minus in front of the AHG-Pt Cruiser Couture Edition which means that group wasn't included in the vehicle you have. So there's no use looking for any of those features. The only thing added was the ADC Convenience Group.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 28 Jun 2017 at 07:41 pm.
Old 28 Jun 2017, 07:51 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Rita, do you see where it has a PLUS and MINUS before the groups that you listed. There's a minus in front of the AHG-Pt Cruiser Couture Edition which means that group wasn't included in the vehicle you have. So there's no use looking for any of those features. The only thing added was the ADC Convenience Group.
The attachment that you are looking at is from LionPT and it's for the 2010 PT Cruiser Couture Edition. He only provided that as info that he found, which of course doesn't pertain to Rita's PT.
Old 28 Jun 2017, 07:53 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoostangRita View Post
Thanks! I had always seen it as Opal Grey when I tried looking up so nice to know what the official color is.

I also did find that code but it said spring edition and only available on a vert and I am not sure what it means or how reliable the site is.

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Other then that I can't find any info
According to this website, Opal Metallic was a new color added for '07, it is a very pretty color

PT History

"2007 Convertible - Models remained Base D and E, Touring, and GT. Three new exterior colors were Tangerine Pearl, Opal Metallic, and Pastel Yellow. The Touring model had available the YES Essentials® seat fabric available in Pastel Pebble Beige and Pastel Slate Gray. Top colors were Pebble Beige or Black. Everything else of any significance remained the same as for 2006. The top boot covers were standard on the Touring and GT, but not listed as available on the Base model. The EVIC was standard on Touring and GT, but not available on Base models. Satellite radio was not available on convertibles. RKE was standard on all models. One item of interest we found was a report of the demographics for convertibles as a market segment. It reported as follows: Gender - 62% female/ 38% male, median age 55, median income $78,000, 72% married, and 30% college graduates."
Old 28 Jun 2017, 08:03 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
I don't think so because I took her VIN to my local dealership and had the parts person print the STARPARTS NETWORK - Vehicle Information Report from their system and it's listed on their Build Sheet. Their system is a pretty accurate and official system. Her PT was made 3 years before the actual 2010 Couture Edition PT was introduced, but they may have used the name referring to some trim package.

My Build Sheet said it originally came with fog lights, Dealer used VIN & said it didn't (that's why I had to have them turned on)...it is not 100% accurate.
The dealer also says my PT doesn't have a TIPM

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost

Last edited by LionPT; 28 Jun 2017 at 08:05 pm.
Old 28 Jun 2017, 08:08 pm
Banned

Quote:
My Build Sheet said it originally came with fog lights, Dealer used VIN & said it didn't (that's why I had to have them turned on)...it is not 100% accurate.
The dealer also says my PT doesn't have a TIPM
I could understand the Dodge website may have some faults, but I kind of have to believe the dealership system would be more accurate. But I guess just like anything, there can be errors.