PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Front bumper?

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Jul 2017, 09:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Front bumper?

looking to buy a new bumper online... but it's really hard to tell color. Whats the best way to make sure the bumper I want is the color I need?
Old 01 Jul 2017, 09:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Front bumper?

You can always have the pumper painted to match your car. Worry about finding one that's the match for your car. If it is used and painted already, the seller should list what color it is. The color code for your car/bumper is on the drivers door. Match that code with the list in our Exterior section of the forum to find the exact name of the paint.

How to find your factory Paint Code

All PT Cruiser Exterior Colors form 2001 - 2010 Plus Paint Codes

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 01 Jul 2017 at 09:30 pm.
Old 01 Jul 2017, 09:29 pm
Banned

You have an '07, check the paint code on the VIN label on the drivers side door and start from there. At the very bottom of the label in the middle will be PNT: and then a code, what is that code?
Old 01 Jul 2017, 09:30 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
You can always have the pumper painted to match your car. Worry about finding one that's the match for your car. If it is used and painted already, the seller should list what color it is.
You can also buy prepainted ones on Ebay, Todd got one for his 'vert that way and he really likes the color match, quality and price.
Old 01 Jul 2017, 09:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

i'll check it out in the morning thanks guys!
Old 01 Jul 2017, 10:03 pm
Banned

This is a pretty good price, painted to match, free shipping and lifetime warranty

NEW Painted To Match- Front Bumper Replacement For 2006-2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser | eBay
Old 02 Jul 2017, 09:02 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
You have an '07, check the paint code on the VIN label on the drivers side door and start from there. At the very bottom of the label in the middle will be PNT: and then a code, what is that code?
PNT: PX8

Quote:
You can always have the pumper painted to match your car. Worry about finding one that's the match for your car. If it is used and painted already, the seller should list what color it is. The color code for your car/bumper is on the drivers door. Match that code with the list in our Exterior section of the forum to find the exact name of the paint.

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...aint-code.html

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...int-codes.html
Doesn't look like I can see the pictures in those links!

Prices for the bumpers aren't bad at all and pretty easy to install. I think I can do this project myself as well!
Old 02 Jul 2017, 09:11 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinB View Post
PNT: PX8

Doesn't look like I can see the pictures in those links!

Prices for the bumpers aren't bad at all and pretty easy to install. I think I can do this project myself as well!
Quote:

How to find your factory Paint Code

All PT Cruiser Exterior Colors form 2001 - 2010 Plus Paint Codes
^^^^^ The links in this post are no longer valid due to an issue with PhotoBucket:

But it doesn't really matter because if you purchase from the Ebay link that I provided, all you need to do is provide the paint code to the seller and they go by that code.
Old 02 Jul 2017, 09:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Sorry about the links. Should have checked before posting them and didn't realize most of the information coming from Candyman were from Photobucket.
rckstein likes this.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 02 Jul 2017, 09:20 pm
Banned

Quote:
Sorry about the links. Should have checked before posting them and didn't realize most of the information coming from Candyman were from Photobucket.
That could be a problem in the future as PhotoBucket could have been used for a lot of links and now a lot of valuable and important info could be lost.