Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
ABS lights on

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Jul 2017, 12:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Cool ABS lights on

Hello Cruisers, I wonder if anyone could help me with ABS/track lights. They are both on. I have cleaned the reluctor rings and sensor cables and checked the codes system. About 9 months ago I took the Cruiser to an auto-electrician and paid more than 200GBP for a cure(?) I would like to try and find a solution before taking it back again. Are there any fuses? or something to tap with a hammer? Thanks in advance.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 03:43 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: ABS lights on

probably a bad wheel speed sensor. a good scan tool should be able to tell you which one is throwing the code.

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS; 1989 Chevy Suburban 2500
www.rcktpwrd.com
Old 17 Jul 2017, 02:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: ABS lights on

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcktpwrd View Post
probably a bad wheel speed sensor. a good scan tool should be able to tell you which one is throwing the code.
Thank you for your advice, rdktpwrd. I've invested in a scan tool to check for a fault. Fingers crossed it turns up something easy.