Hood & Tailgate Chrysler Badges

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ptcroozer

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jul 2017, 09:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Hood & Tailgate Chrysler Badges

Please excuse me if this has been covered before I've been searching threads and cannot come up with an answer...
I have an 02 that I am doing a mild restore on... as far as cosmetics car she is pretty nice. A few things that need attention to bring her back to near mint cosmetically are wheels and the front and rear badges/emblems. As far as the emblems... the chrome wings are perfect front and back and will look new with a polish. However the inserts with the gold colored inlay that looks so nice on these cars have been sun faded to silver and black. Looked around online for NOS then I noticed listings for other Chrysler ie: Sebrings that had just the insert available and that would be just as good for me and a little cheaper I guess. So... is there a way to find out which years of pt emblems or inserts fit other years of cruisers and or other models of Chrysler?
Old 26 Jul 2017, 09:55 pm
Banned

Default Re: Hood & Tailgate Chrysler Badges

This one looks like the right size for the hatch winged emblem:

CHRYSLER PT CRUISER GRILL WING INSERT OVAL EMBLEM FAST SHIPPING NEW EMBLEM | eBay

But the one for the winged emblem on the hood is smaller, 2" x 1-5/16"

My only concern would be how to get them pried out without damaging the chrome around the emblem.
Old 26 Jul 2017, 10:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
This one looks like the right size for the hatch winged emblem:

CHRYSLER PT CRUISER GRILL WING INSERT OVAL EMBLEM FAST SHIPPING NEW EMBLEM | eBay

But the one for the winged emblem on the hood is smaller, 2" x 1-5/16"

My only concern would be how to get them pried out without damaging the chrome around the emblem.
Thanks! In a moment of ditziness I never thought to just measure length and width and assume they are all simply oval. Duh...
I've done a few removals before by applying a hair dryer to heat the adhesive behind and then with a butter knife gently guide the fishing line under one end and with a sawing action work the fishing line to the other end and Bob is your uncle. You may need to re-apply the hair dryer if it starts fighting you a bit. Just don't ask how I know not to use a heat gun that close to paint unless your VERY careful
rockandroller likes this.
Old 26 Jul 2017, 10:28 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptcroozer View Post
Thanks! In a moment of ditziness I never thought to just measure length and width and assume they are all simply oval. Duh...
I've done a few removals before by applying a hair dryer to heat the adhesive behind and then with a butter knife gently guide the fishing line under one end and with a sawing action work the fishing line to the other end and Bob is your uncle. You may need to re-apply the hair dryer if it starts fighting you a bit. Just don't ask how I know not to use a heat gun that close to paint unless your VERY careful
The problem with these emblems is that the chrome surrounds the entire emblem, but I guess since you would be replacing them, you could probably drill a small hole in the middle then pry it out and then you wouldn't risk damaging the chrome surround.
Old 26 Jul 2017, 10:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
The problem with these emblems is that the chrome surrounds the entire emblem, but I guess since you would be replacing them, you could probably drill a small hole in the middle then pry it out and then you wouldn't risk damaging the chrome surround.
True enough... sure isn't much gap around the emblems to the small chrome lip that surrounds them. Drilling is an option... I think if I take my time and im very careful should work either way. Maybe I'll take some DIY photos of each method one front one back. Might save someone else some trouble down the road. Thanks again for the tips.
Closed Thread