Advertisements
Huge thanks to Nitro!

Like Tree16Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Aug 2017, 05:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Huge thanks to Nitro!

Thanks Nitro for all your info on my PCM problems. This man is not BS'ing around...he knows what he's talking about, and is a really great guy to BS with!

Thanks Lynn!
64 Dodge 440
1989 FLSTC Custom
MOPAR (Massively Over Powered Asphalt Ripper)
Old 09 Aug 2017, 06:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Huge thanks to Nitro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxhemi View Post
Thanks Nitro for all your info on my PCM problems. This man is not BS'ing around...he knows what he's talking about, and is a really great guy to BS with!

Thanks Lynn!
I've always wondered what Nitro actually knows about PCM's. Can you give us more detailed about what he did for you?
Old 09 Aug 2017, 06:19 pm
Senior Cruiser

Question Re: Huge thanks to Nitro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
I've always wondered what Nitro actually knows about PCM's. Can you give us more detailed about what he did for you?
apparently everything he does is top secret stuff that can't be publicly shared on the forums....
rckstein likes this.

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS; 1995 Caprice Classic woody
www.rcktpwrd.com
Old 09 Aug 2017, 06:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Yep. I figure he's got the BS part down. But a lot of that top secret stuff must be urging folks to post in his defense and threads of praise like this in some kind of attempt at a hostile take-over or something. And oh yeah, his ASE credentials seem to be top secret too. No body has seen them though he tries to Lord them over others.

I'd really like to know more about this "nice guy" that knows a lot about PCMs. Maybe he can take the place of Nitro we know. I'd donate a few dollars toward that cause.
Old 09 Aug 2017, 06:44 pm
Banned

Apparently he's not as willing to help people as some people are advertising for him.

I had an issue with the UltraGauge, that apparently he knew a work around for, but he wouldn't reveal it to me, wouldn't post it in the open forum, I guess for fear that I would see it, but he apparently PM'd it to another member.

It was from this thread, which got closed, like so many others:

Why OBD not respond?

Fortunately UltraGauge Customer Support came through.

That's probably who I should have turned to in the first place.

Member myckee helped me out with some PCM and TIPM issues

Last edited by rckstein; 09 Aug 2017 at 07:11 pm.
Old 09 Aug 2017, 07:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I had the same experience. You start out thinking he's more or less what he claims because he knows basic automobile repair and talks like he's done it all. But then when you actually need expert help, he folds like a cheap camera and tells you that you don't' understand or something else to dodge the questions.

So when I read these praises, I keep thinking, Nitro? Really? That guy that can't post online without the admin having to come clean up after him? I mean you have to figure that some of it is legit. Nitro has lots of time on his hands so if it's something basic, he likely tries hard to help. And if anything, Nitro likes to be liked and wants folks to follow him and back him up. And I respect that, I guess. But with anything more complicated, he just gets vague and seem threatened and then wants to attack you over and over again. He ended up costing me lots of time and money on deal. But hey, I learned. And the OP here will too if he deals with Nitro long enough.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 09 Aug 2017 at 07:13 pm.
Old 09 Aug 2017, 07:20 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
i can.
i have called him to pick his brain quite a few times regarding tuning my mustang and i have learned quite a bit from discussing things like fueling and timing tables, scaling, shitty tuners that adjust things like airflow to spit out numbers they want to see as opposed to actually tuning to be on point and run right. corners that need to be by tuners to save time and remain profitable, etc. all his info IS on point, always checks out, and makes sense. you've seen the software I use. it isn't for the faint of heart. i like asking him as asking him because when i ask on the eectuning forum, i feel like an under educated lazy kid that's too lazy to read up. i read up, but i don't learn by reading...i learn by doing. the one on one explaining helps me deeeeearrrrllly

mechanically he's advised why certain parts in my engine were in certain conditions, the rail road tracks on my bearings in my engine build thread, he helped me tune my suspension so my car can hook leaving a red light, he read my plugs when i was having issues under boost(apparently i'm still too young to have this skill). he even got a hold of a high level ford tech to help me fix my power steering. the damn cap kept shooting off and i was pulling my hair out. he got back to me with advice from that guy and it's been fine ever since. ..and speaking of caps, i called when my PT overheated. i was driving to work and all of a sudden i heard (and felt)BOOM and my windshield was wet, my temp gauge skyrocketed allllll the way up and i was scared about what i was going to see. i pulled into a church lot and could not find anything wrong. everything was dripping, but nothing was leaking, nothing had a hole in it, yet coolant was exploded everywhere in the engine bay. it looked like i sprayed the engine bay down with simple green. lynn said "probably need a new cap. try a turbo cap. you drive like a nut and it's rated couple psi higher" i swapped it out and the car never did that again.

i can honestly say he has been a great friend, a true asset in seeking knowledge, and has NEVER once steered me wrong. as an example of not steering me wrong...i called him when my car went around a corner and stalled, seeking to pick his brain. i described my problem and he said "well, i don't know" so when he truly does not know the answer to something, he'll be the first to admit it. he did answer and tell me flat out he didn't know. and i respect that.

here's my car being towed by the truck i lettered the one damn day nitro couldn't answer my question. thanks nitro for leaving me stranded and making me get my car towed. dick.

Capture.JPG

i was not put up to writing this. i have not talked to lynn in days. i do agree that the timing of this thread is questionable, but maybe they just felt the need to write it now, as i feel that i needed to respond now. you asked, and i can answer the question politely. i didn't really feel like writing this because i'm not really a side picker. i accept people and their flaws. i'm the glue stick weirdo that makes people that hate each other end up at the same party smoking the same joint. but he does know quite a bit about tuning and this is literally the least i can do to say thank you for helping me. handy i hope it helps you see there really is a side you're missing which i greatly appreciate, as other than a bit of forum amusement, i really have nothing to give back.
Busted_PT likes this.

Last edited by rob302; 09 Aug 2017 at 07:23 pm.
Old 09 Aug 2017, 08:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Wow..this is the shit i'm talking about. If all of you so called experts out there know so much why was it that all you wanted to do in my original thread was start shit and get it locked instead of helping?
To let you know..like it's any of your f%cking business what Nitro did to help me was clear up alot of misinformation that the state referee told me! As of right now i'm waiting on another PCM, because of the things Lynn told me to check out that could cause the problem...showed I got a bad PCM from pick & pull! So as of right now Nitro has been the only one to take the time and help with me with this problem.... not start a bunch of negative drama like a group of catty little bitches!
You know it's really too bad that some of you still think it's high school and you gotta try and prove your the BMOC!
64 Dodge 440
1989 FLSTC Custom
MOPAR (Massively Over Powered Asphalt Ripper)
Old 09 Aug 2017, 08:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob302 View Post
i was not put up to writing this. i have not talked to lynn in days. i do agree that the timing of this thread is questionable, but maybe they just felt the need to write it now, as i feel that i needed to respond now. you asked, and i can answer the question politely. i didn't really feel like writing this because i'm not really a side picker. i accept people and their flaws. i'm the glue stick weirdo that makes people that hate each other end up at the same party smoking the same joint. but he does know quite a bit about tuning and this is literally the least i can do to say thank you for helping me. handy i hope it helps you see there really is a side you're missing which i greatly appreciate, as other than a bit of forum amusement, i really have nothing to give back.
Thanks Rob. And yes, you are one of the few that get along well with most everyone here. I kind of suspect that this may be why you have seen and have experienced a great guy why I see a raving lunatic. I think that some how I and folks like Uptown, Xwing, Myckee, Rckstein and others threaten him and that makes him seem so nuts and behave so badly. While you see can say very pointed things and still seem non-threatening. That's a gift of yours.

I the real problem here is that there is an impasse. I've tried being his friend, enemy, and everything in between. But still, he can't help but attack after awhile. While you are a non-threatening friend, myself and those I've listed and many more seem to be seen as rivals. He just cannot help himself. And while I know we are all Devils in his mind, several of us have tried hard not to be. But the end result is the same. This a well defined metal condition. The man just can't have an adult conversation with anyone he sees as a potential rival. And while it's likely always there, the anonymity and distance of the internet likely magnifies this ten times over or greater.

So my question for you is this. Carey won't ban Nitro like on other forums. Several of us here now will not leave and will not be bullied. And since Nitro attacks even when we ignore him, what's the answer here?
Old 09 Aug 2017, 08:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

lol Mr C XXXhemi thank you for the compliments. Maybe a little history lessen may be in order? Why not tell these clowns what we found out by talking to each other as unknowns from this forum?

And Todd I never had a problem form John xwing777 in fact I can personally tell you that mentioning him in this thread will piss him off about you!

You just go around thinking so much about Hot Rodder and the world we have lived in for years. You think we oue it to tell you everything about ourselves. WTF dude what strange world you live in given what your age is. Yo lived a sheltered life.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Closed Thread